David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After months of edging closer and closer, Twixt has finally crossed the 1000 mark in board game rank. All it really means is, there are more great games being published all the time. At least, someone thinks they're great. The geek rating column is shown to three decimal places for good reason. ATM Twixt is rated 6.285 and ranked 1006. Number 906, Keltis, has a rating of 6.344, less than a tenth of a rating point away. The averaged ratio of rank difference to rating difference will inevitably increase over time.

I can remember the halcyon days of yore, when Twixt was still ranked in the top 500. Of course, the Net and this site in particular have been instrumental in introducing Twixt to new players, so Twixt was likely less popular overall back then than it is now. But never mind that, Mister President, we cannot allow a mine shaft gap!

I see two routes to victory.

1. We convince, or hope for, all game companies to begin a long term trend of churning out really lousy, or at best mediocre, games. This will have the effect of turning off many prospective gamers to the entire hobby, and drive many to bankruptcy, but never mind the collateral.

2. We find a somewhat imbalanced sugar daddy, like me, but with money, to inundate the public with television commercials and mind control nodes. Contemplative thinking! It's M-M good! Remember the video game Jadzia Dax was playing in the second episode of DS9? You gotta love that alpha state. Then we can put Twixt on prime time! It would have to be better than poker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. This game needs some exposure. Everyone that I show this game to keeps coming back for more. This is definitely a thinking man's game like chess. Maybe that is what scares some people off. It is pure brilliance in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia Milne
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A very effective technique with guaranteed returns is to send squads of inquisitors who enquire of game players "What game are you playing?"
An answer of "Twixt" gets "Stout gamers, carry on!"
Any other answer gets "Bang!".
Twixt would be number one at Bgg in no time :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.