Subject: Tie Breaker rules with Trade Route? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Fischer
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I just won a game of Stone Style + Style against my wife, but she's filed a protest

It was a tie-breaker, I beat her by two points after tallying Farms + Tools + Population. But she would have won if we added in Trade Route. The Style rules have no comments on tie-breaker, so my ruling was that it doesn't affect a tie.

That feels counter to the spirit of the game, and I wonder if it's an oversight in the game rules? Are there accepted modified tie-breaker rules for Style, that aren't in the RGG printing?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
You only score Farms, Tools and Population if you have the cards that say so. Are there cards that give you points for trade routes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fischer
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, there are.

But what I'm asking about is the tie-breaker rule; not the bonus scoring in Civ cards. In normal Stone Age, the tiebreaker is the whoever has the the highest sum of Farms + Tools + Population. Style doesn't say anything about factoring in Trade Route for that tiebreaker sum. I'm wondering if it should; if that's an oversight in the US printing or overall rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Storm
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EmilSkoda wrote:
Yes, there are.

But what I'm asking about is the tie-breaker rule; not the bonus scoring in Civ cards. In normal Stone Age, the tiebreaker is the whoever has the the highest sum of Farms + Tools + Population. Style doesn't say anything about factoring in Trade Route for that tiebreaker sum. I'm wondering if it should; if that's an oversight in the US printing or overall rules.

This came up tonight in our game. I am inclined to say it was an oversight, but then I thought about it. On all the other spots you only get 1 thing, on the trade route you move 2 spaces, so it's not on even footing with the others so maybe it was left off the tie breaker rules on purpose.

I would say if you add it in, then it should be 1/2 Trade Route value (rounded down).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.