Subject: Question regarding Setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I'm considering buying another copy of the game to play multiplayer....

My question is, do I have to take out the duplicate cards when playing 2 player only again? or do you just play with all the cards mixed in?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you value your time, I say screw it, and leave it all in one massive deck.

For that matter, when i play three player i do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Qunell
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Leave them all in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
depending on how many people you play with you can just use the extra starter cards and still use a single trade deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah_Pook wrote:
depending on how many people you play with you can just use the extra starter cards and still use a single trade deck.

does that work with 4 players? I imagine it would work with 3... 4 I'm not so sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ainsworth
Canada
Carleton Place
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found it works with up to (and including) six players. We've run the trade pool dry three or four times over dozens of games; it's unusual for the trade pool to stay empty for a full round (someone wins by that point).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
I have never come close to ever having the trade pool run out of cards yet in either a 2 player game with 1 deck, or a 4 player game with 2 decks. I just think it's funny to hear so many people who actually run out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never gotten close either but have only played with 2...

My question now is should I use the 2 decks for 3 or 4 players or does it work with just 1 deck? Do you think it's too tight with just one deck for 3 or 4 players or too loose if both decks are mixed for just 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Bordelon

Lenoir
North Carolina
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
I've never gotten close either but have only played with 2...

My question now is should I use the 2 decks for 3 or 4 players or does it work with just 1 deck? Do you think it's too tight with just one deck for 3 or 4 players or too loose if both decks are mixed for just 2 players?

I've played several 3p games and one 4p game, all of them with a single set of faction cards. (I play that 3p games have 15 explorers and 4p games use all 20 from the two sets.) None of the 3p games ever got close to exhausting the pile of trade cards; the 4p game did exhaust it... in the very last turn, when there were only two of us left, and I subsequently whacked my opponent hard. By that point two players had retired, so if we really needed new cards we could have shuffled their faction cards into a fresh pile.

My gut instinct is that 3p is Just Fine with a single set, but you probably want two for 4p.

As for whether having both decks mixed for 2p, I feel that that's a potential recipe for trouble, as I shake my fist at the idea of my opponent getting all six Cutters... but I suspect it plays just fine. The one ruling you'd have to make is in regards to the duplicate Stealth Needles, and you can just say that they can't dupe each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 4 player hydra game with one deck and we didn't even come close to running out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For two players I like a single deck. For more, rather than have the decks mixed in advance, I just keep deck two on standby. When deck one is exhausted then deck two becomes the new trade deck. So I only have to separate decks after the rare case I actually make it to deck two. That hasn't actually happened yet though.

In other words, I play with one deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.