Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [DECK] HB - Double Tap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Plot Thickens
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
This is a new version of my old deck (been posted on reddit). The most effective I have. Won 2 local tournaments.

Double Tap

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (7)
3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
1x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)
3x Project Wotan (Creation and Control)

Asset (11)

3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
3x Eve Campaign (Humanity's Shadow)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ••
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Upgrade (2)
2x Corporate Troubleshooter (Core Set)

Operation (12)
2x Archived Memories (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Power Grid Overload (Trace Amount) •
3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors) ••••• •
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (8)

3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
2x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set)
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)
1x Wotan (Second Thoughts)

Code Gate (3)

3x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (6)

1x Flare (Future Proof) •••
2x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
2x Rototurret (Core Set)
1x Shinobi (Double Time) •••

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

The goal is to get filthy rich and then flatline the runner using Punitive Counterstrike. On top of that it can be, and often is, played normally by just scoring agendas.

It's very easy to get up to 50 creds. If you're rich and have 2 Punitives (or 1 and Archived Memories/Vitruvius counter) in your hand, you can start scoring agendas in the open. Taking them would mean a flatline.

Jacksons recycle agendas if you're not yet ready for the kill, but they can also pull off a neat little trick. If you have only 1 Punitive or the runner has a ton of meat damage protection, stash 2 or more agendas in the archives and put Jackson in a protected server. When Jackson is protected, the runner usually goes for the archives to get rid of him. When he runs the archives, you can decide how many points you're gonna let him have, giving you flexibility for the kill. So if you can, let him have 6.

Paired with a Corporate Troubleshooter or an unsuspecting runner, Shinobi can also flatline. Having a gazillion credits makes this a viable strategy. You'll need this many credits to flatline the runner:

3x(runner's creds + link + bad pub) + 4 + Troubleshooter creds

Most of the time you only need to run the last 2 subs. Even better if you put some ice in front of Shinobi, because every cred the runner spends on breaking is worth 2-3 to you.

Power Grid Overload and Flare are there for Plascrete.

Another good thing about the deck is that the strategy doesn't interfere with normal play. There's enough money and ice to slow advance the agendas. Corporate Troubleshooter plays a part here as well, as you can use heaps of money to pump a Wall of Static to +30 if need be to score a 3 pointer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
Archived Memories + Reclamation Order completely eliminates the need for Jackson Howard. With that pair you can cycle AM + RC back to HQ as well as an infinite loop of restructure (or hedge funds). Adonis, Eve and PAD all become completely unnecessary as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plot Thickens
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Echo2Omega wrote:
Archived Memories + Reclamation Order completely eliminates the need for Jackson Howard. With that pair you can cycle AM + RC back to HQ as well as an infinite loop of restructure (or hedge funds). Adonis, Eve and PAD all become completely unnecessary as well.

Interesting. I'd have to throw in Rework too, for truly infinite recursions. I always thought of that combo as more of a theoretical possibility than a real playstyle. I don't know if I'd be able to get the combo early enough to use all the opportunities for the kill, or to have enough money to rez all my ice. Do people use this combo effectively?

It seems like I'd have quite a full hand with this.

And Jackson Howard still must be present for the reason in the original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
HB NEXT

NEXT Design: Guarding the Net (Creation and Control)

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
3x Efficiency Committee (Creation and Control)
3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)

Asset (2)
2x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control)

Upgrade (3)
3x Ruhr Valley (Future Proof)

Operation (15)
3x Archived Memories (Core Set)
3x Blue Level Clearance (Fear and Loathing)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Reclamation Order (Double Time)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (7)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
3x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set)
1x Wotan (Second Thoughts)

Code Gate (6)
3x Hourglass (A Study in Static)
3x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••• •

Sentry (7)
3x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
3x Ichi 2.0 (Creation and Control)
1x Janus 1.0 (What Lies Ahead)

6 influence spent (max 12)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Double Time

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Still needs tweeking and Adjustments. You can easily change out the Agendas (so you just have 5/3's in there) and then add in your punitive counter strikes. maybe take out the Ruhr Valleys)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yi Sheng Siow
msg tools
nice deck sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a similar deck but with Stronger Together. You don't need infinite credits to use punitive, just keep the runner low on credits by taxing them. My deck uses Thomas Haas and GRNDL refinery to pretend to be 3 pointers to get them to run through expensive ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been running this (or something similar) for some time now. It's a very similar deck, based on a deck I saw on Reddit some time ago (can't find the link now!).

Breaking Baad (49 cards)

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

Agenda (7)
1 Mandatory Upgrades
3 Priority Requisition
3 Project Wotan

Asset (8)
3 Adonis Campaign
2 Eve Campaign
3 PAD Campaign

Operation (18)
3 Archived Memories
3 Blue Level Clearance
3 Hedge Fund
3 Mushin No Shin
3 Punitive Counterstrike
3 Restructure

Barrier (5)
1 Eli 1.0
2 Heimdall 1.0
2 Wall of Static

Code Gate (4)
2 Enigma
2 Viktor 2.0

Sentry (7)
2 Ichi 1.0
2 Janus 1.0
2 Rototurret
1 Shinobi

I originally was running 3 Shinobi and all 3 point agendas (I think I had an executive retreat in there), but when H&P came out I wanted to put in Mushin No Shin. When I put those in I decided to take out one 3 pointer and put in Mandatory Upgrades... You can also put out Mushin'd agendas naked if you have the PCs in your hand, knowing they're dead if they score and you can bag a 3 pointer if not!

Some thoughts:
Your one weapon here is surprise. And fear. And, of course, ruthless efficiency. Most people don't expect meat damage out of HB, and will run aggressively early on, sometimes ditching their Plascretes. I've won before with a single piece of ICE on the table, unrezzed!

Archived memories functions as a second Punitive if you draw one in your hand, so I can definitely recommend 3 of them.

Jackson Howard is not really necessary here. You don't have many agendas, and to be honest you often WANT the runner to pick up 3 points from Archives as it leaves them open for the double punitive. You can easily control how many go in there, and you have spare Archived Memories usually to pull one pack if needs be.

I much prefer Janus over Wotan as big ICE in this deck. You don't care too much about keeping the runner out, you're poised to counterstrike if they steal. However, sticking brain damage on the runner makes your meat damage victory all the more likely!

EDIT: I just checked out the netrunnerdb link, and I think the deck I saw on reddit was YOUR deck! So I guess you don't need me telling you how it works

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plot Thickens
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
unitled wrote:
EDIT: I just checked out the netrunnerdb link, and I think the deck I saw on reddit was YOUR deck! So I guess you don't need me telling you how it works

Why not? You could easily see something I didn't. Still, here are the reasons I chose the current build.

Quote:
Most people don't expect meat damage out of HB, and will run aggressively early on, sometimes ditching their Plascretes.

Yeah, seeing the runner discard those Plascretes so consistently is such a joy.

Quote:
Jackson Howard is not really necessary here. You don't have many agendas, and to be honest you often WANT the runner to pick up 3 points from Archives as it leaves them open for the double punitive. You can easily control how many go in there, and you have spare Archived Memories usually to pull one pack if needs be.

He isn't necessary, but I find that he takes care of the few occasions when the hand draw messes me up. Sometimes I get agenda flooded before I get Punitives or Archiveds, so I need to save the situation. Also, he provides better, in the moment control of how many agendas I want the runner to have, and if I use AM to pull out an agenda I might not have one for the kill. He's not a key card, but increases the chances that things will go well.

Quote:
I much prefer Janus over Wotan as big ICE in this deck. You don't care too much about keeping the runner out, you're poised to counterstrike if they steal. However, sticking brain damage on the runner makes your meat damage victory all the more likely!

Yeah, Janus was originally the big ice in the deck, when Shinobi had a bigger role in it. But for PC, I'd need 3 brain damage to get any benefit which doesn't happen often. Wotan is here pretty much only for when I decide that the runner is safe from PC (2-3 Plascretes, 6 points stolen early...) and I want to advance behind him. I'd rarely put him on central, that would just keep the runner out instead of running and spending creds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PlotThickens wrote:
Quote:

He isn't necessary, but I find that he takes care of the few occasions when the hand draw messes me up. Sometimes I get agenda flooded before I get Punitives or Archiveds, so I need to save the situation. Also, he provides better, in the moment control of how many agendas I want the runner to have, and if I use AM to pull out an agenda I might not have one for the kill. He's not a key card, but increases the chances that things will go well.

Quote:

Yeah, Janus was originally the big ice in the deck, when Shinobi had a bigger role in it. But for PC, I'd need 3 brain damage to get any benefit which doesn't happen often. Wotan is here pretty much only for when I decide that the runner is safe from PC (2-3 Plascretes, 6 points stolen early...) and I want to advance behind him. I'd rarely put him on central, that would just keep the runner out instead of running and spending creds.

Yeah, both good points, actually... I think I've ended up losing on occasion because I haven't been able to switch from 'trying to do meat damage' to 'meat damage isn't going to win, try and score'. Some big, hard ETR ICE like Wotan will be helpful to keep the runner out if you do decide you're going to want to score. I guess I'd only say that Logos seems to be a common thing now, so 6 card hands are fairly common?

Maybe my only complaint playing it is that I don't have my PC when I need them. Drawing one/two early is nearly always a game winner, so I think you're right that Jackson could find a home here to speed up your drawing...

Incidentally, have you seen some of the 5/3s from the Lunar Cycle? I reckon they could find a home in this deck for sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plot Thickens
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Glad you like the changes.

unitled wrote:

Incidentally, have you seen some of the 5/3s from the Lunar Cycle? I reckon they could find a home in this deck for sure...

Yup, I'm really looking forward to Utopia Fragment. 4 creds that the runner spends on stealing are 4 creds less to spend on each Punitive. Vitruvius going out, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PlotThickens wrote:
4 creds that the runner spends on stealing are 4 creds less to spend on each Punitive...

You've got a sick mind...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Some big, hard ETR ICE like Wotan will be helpful to keep the runner out if you do decide you're going to want to score.

My only issue with Wotan is that by itself it's porous if you are in a game-winning situation. Terribly taxing to get through regularly but does nothing to stop the glory run. I will gladly eat all the subs if it means winning the game. If you can bait the all-or-nothing run to demolish the Runner and not lose, it's probably GG, but not if the Runner is at game point. Make sure to have an ETR ready behind Wotan if you need to lock the score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plot Thickens
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
cynchwyrm wrote:
Quote:
Some big, hard ETR ICE like Wotan will be helpful to keep the runner out if you do decide you're going to want to score.

My only issue with Wotan is that by itself it's porous if you are in a game-winning situation. Terribly taxing to get through regularly but does nothing to stop the glory run. I will gladly eat all the subs if it means winning the game. If you can bait the all-or-nothing run to demolish the Runner and not lose, it's probably GG, but not if the Runner is at game point. Make sure to have an ETR ready behind Wotan if you need to lock the score.

Yup, it's porous and it's a shame. Hopefully I'll already have Project Wotan scored when I use him. And when the runner hits him for the first time, usually he isn't ready to break him. I still wouldn't swap Wotan, he can definitely come in handy and if he doesn't, it's just 1 slot. And rezzing him isn't such a big deal in this deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.