David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased this game back in December for Black Friday, newer edition. Just opened up the shrink to finally play this puppy and discovered that the four short sails are missing from the yellow ships. I also have a yellow fortress that has red dye all over it and a yellow academy that has a big ugly black spot on it. I went to Zman and it says they only accept returns for 30 days...... Nothing life threatening here, but annoying nonetheless. Anyone have any replacements parts for these that they are willing to part with? I'll pay for postage...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bri Izuhara
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they would be willing to give you a new set of the pieces which are damaged and missing. When you contacted them, did you tell them this was the matter? Because when I got mine itcame without the green temples or sth, and an email explaining the situation was enough to get me the missing pieces sent to my place, for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalinda Patton
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mille1212 wrote:
I purchased this game back in December for Black Friday, newer edition. Just opened up the shrink to finally play this puppy and discovered that the four short sails are missing from the yellow ships. I also have a yellow fortress that has red dye all over it and a yellow academy that has a big ugly black spot on it. I went to Zman and it says they only accept returns for 30 days...... Nothing life threatening here, but annoying nonetheless. Anyone have any replacements parts for these that they are willing to part with? I'll pay for postage...

Hello David,

Please send us your request and explain exactly as you did here.
I'm sure there's something we can do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi David,

ZMan just sent me replacement yellow pieces for my 1st edition "sweat-prone" pieces. The aforementioned pieces are the ships, settlers, and warriors..... however, the city-building pieces are just fine.

I'd be happy to send you a fortress and an academy. If you want, I'll send you the "sweat-prone" yellow ships as well (dunking it in Isopropyl every 6 months should clear up the problem).

Btw, ZMan, thanks a ton for the help! This is one of my favorite games and shouldn't be tarnished by issues like this, so thanks for stepping up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
Hi David,

ZMan just sent me replacement yellow pieces for my 1st edition "sweat-prone" pieces. The aforementioned pieces are the ships, settlers, and warriors..... however, the city-building pieces are just fine.

I'd be happy to send you a fortress and an academy. If you want, I'll send you the "sweat-prone" yellow ships as well (dunking it in Isopropyl every 6 months should clear up the problem).

Btw, ZMan, thanks a ton for the help! This is one of my favorite games and shouldn't be tarnished by issues like this, so thanks for stepping up!

Thanks. Hopefully Zman will take care of this as suggested. If not, then I just might take you up on your offer. thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The DaveL
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same issue. I contacted Z-Man and they sent 4 of the little sails. The same ones I had (needed the smaller ones, not the big ones), but they work just fine. I just pretend that the Yellow ones are the guys that need bigger sails because the have something they think they need to compensate for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I spent a lot of driving time and $75 to get this game for our monthly game day tomorrow and the thing is missing the punch board with the iron tokens and starting regions!

Has this happened to others, and how do I get it taken care of?

EDIT: Submitted the form on the Z-man site. And in "6 to 8 weeks" we might get a replacement board (so much for the impulse buy ).

For anyone thinking of buying the game, don't get lot number 1206-151
(it's near the bar code, after the Panda icon) as apparently quality control was on break when that batch came down the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing/Damaged Customer Service
0 hr wrote:
...in "6 to 8 weeks" we might get a replacement board...
Either US consumer law is rather weak or you are being dealt with as if you have ordered spare parts, rather than not having received what you paid for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
misteralan wrote:
0 hr wrote:
...in "6 to 8 weeks" we might get a replacement board...
Either US consumer law is rather weak or you are being dealt with as if you have ordered spare parts, rather than not having received what you paid for.

US Consumer law and protections ARE pretty very weak by European standards. That may or may not be the issue here however...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in the legalities as well since the store will not accept it as a return - so I'm just out of luck if Z-man continues to ignore my requests for a fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
if you do a return timely, they should take it back since it's for all intents & purposes an incomplete/defective product. this isn't like software! Check your state's consumer protection laws.

i completely understand & agree with the sentiment of going to the manufacturer to make it right, & in my experience most companies make it right very quickly. 2 months is simply not reasonable though & even more so with companies that now have a history of QA issues. They have no incentive to address the quality control until it makes financial sense to do so... sending tons of returns back would force improvement or worse if left unchecked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Just wanted to update: I used the form, and also email, on Z-man's site to request a new punchboard since mine was missing the one with the starting regions. I didn't get any response at all - not even the automatically generated one the form says it will send. But, 11 days later the parts showed up in the mail. Got a non-oily set of yellow pieces as well

I don't like that there was a problem, but I'm happy with Z-man's response(and am looking forward to finally playing!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same thing in the beginning of June and haven't seen a thing yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to report that

Kalinda Patton
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

has resolved my issues. Received my replacement pieces a few days ago, so all is well... Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Scott
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering how fast, and IF you got an answer from z-man regarding the sweaty yellow pieces...

I mailed about this issue on my copy of the game, about a week ago, and havent heard anything since.
Never knew so many people had this problem

Do you Think they will answer, or do they just send out new pieces without any questions?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I wrote the request for replacements, I no longer had my receipt (over a year since purchase). Here's the text:

Quote:
Comment: I bought this game in February 2013. Unfortunately, I no longer have the receipt. In August 2013, I tried the Isopropyl fix, which worked for a while but, lo and behold, I rechecked my game recently and the pieces are once again sweating. I think my support for this game and the fact that I bought it is evident from perusing BGG My Profile top 10: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Moe45673 Number of plays: http://boardgamegeek.com/plays/bygame/user/Moe45673/subtype/... My rebuttal to Miami Dice\'s negative review: http://boardgamegeek.com/video/24969/clash-of-cultures/miami... My comments on the game: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Moe45673?own=1&subt... This geeklist item: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/153769/item/2545060#item25... As well as the followup: http://130.16.233.72.static.reverse.ltdomains.com/geeklist/1... etc etc etc.

I also sent a few pics clearly illustrating the problem. They wrote me back 9 days later, stating my pieces have shipped and I got them 4 days after that. Many who request seem to get no response but they get the pieces. David, in the post above yours, had a bad experience but eventually managed to get his pieces through staying on top of the manner.

If you genuinely have the issue, ZMan will step up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Scott
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input!

Sounds promising, since neither I have the reciept.

I'll wait for a while.
Just so annoying that its only a 3-player game right now :-)

No one wants that slime all over their hands, and over all the map-boards aswell, heh.

I'll let you know what happens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As mentioned, you can put the sweaty pieces in Isopropynol. I forget exactly what the method was (something like soak them for 10 minutes then let them air dry) but that took care of the problem for a good long while. Will make it a 4p game until you get the replacements

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalinda Patton
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dannoo wrote:
I was just wondering how fast, and IF you got an answer from z-man regarding the sweaty yellow pieces...

I mailed about this issue on my copy of the game, about a week ago, and havent heard anything since.

Do you Think they will answer, or do they just send out new pieces without any questions?

thanks!

If we got all the necessary info to send you your pieces, the parts department will likely not reply to your email in order to process requests faster. Usually, from reception of your email to your pieces shipping out, it takes about a week. Then shipping times vary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Scott
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happykali wrote:
Dannoo wrote:

thanks!

If we got all the necessary info to send you your pieces, the parts department will likely not reply to your email in order to process requests faster. Usually, from reception of your email to your pieces shipping out, it takes about a week. Then shipping times vary.

Thanks for answering here! Means alot that you actually take the time to read and post to your customers
I hope the details are all in order and that replacements will be here soon

Now i gotta go photograph and fill out the form for my missing bits in tje civilization expansion :-(

//Daniel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.