Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Archipelago» Forums » Rules

Subject: can a rebel in a town be expelled? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played first game today. Very good game. At one point due to a crisis, i had a rebel in a town with no other buildings. There was another player in the same region who is standing up. Can he expel my rebel and take over the town? Do i also understand that if i have a standing up meeple in a town, i can expel other rebels in other buildings within the same region even if i don't have a meeple to replace them?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
j41c wrote:
Played first game today. Very good game. At one point due to a crisis, i had a rebel in a town with no other buildings. There was another player in the same region who is standing up. Can he expel my rebel and take over the town? Do i also understand that if i have a standing up meeple in a town, i can expel other rebels in other buildings within the same region even if i don't have a meeple to replace them?

Thanks in advance for your answers.


No, a meeple in a town can never be expelled. A rebel in another building can be expelled by a player who controls a town. But the meeple in the town itself is always 100% safe from expulsion, even if he rebels.

-Tom
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Βραδύπους Ένα
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TomChick wrote:
j41c wrote:
Played first game today. Very good game. At one point due to a crisis, i had a rebel in a town with no other buildings. There was another player in the same region who is standing up. Can he expel my rebel and take over the town? Do i also understand that if i have a standing up meeple in a town, i can expel other rebels in other buildings within the same region even if i don't have a meeple to replace them?

Thanks in advance for your answers.


No, a meeple in a town can never be expelled. A rebel in another building can be expelled by a player who controls a town. But the meeple in the town itself is always 100% safe from expulsion, even if he rebels.

-Tom


Are you sure?? I think a rebel is never safe...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
vradipous1 wrote:
TomChick wrote:
j41c wrote:
Played first game today. Very good game. At one point due to a crisis, i had a rebel in a town with no other buildings. There was another player in the same region who is standing up. Can he expel my rebel and take over the town? Do i also understand that if i have a standing up meeple in a town, i can expel other rebels in other buildings within the same region even if i don't have a meeple to replace them?

Thanks in advance for your answers.


No, a meeple in a town can never be expelled. A rebel in another building can be expelled by a player who controls a town. But the meeple in the town itself is always 100% safe from expulsion, even if he rebels.

-Tom


Are you sure?? I think a rebel is never safe...


Yes, I am sure.

Out of curiosity, what gives you the impression a meeple in a town can be expelled? There's no provision for that in the rules.

-Tom
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Renard
France
Castres
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Agree with Tom, this meeple can't be expelled.

But while this rebel meeple "A" is in town, another "B" player can built a Temple, Port, etc... so that the new building is controled by "B" as long as its meeple stays in place... in that case, no need to ask permission
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shako wrote:
But while this rebel meeple "A" is in town, another "B" player can built a Temple, Port, etc... so that the new building is controled by "B" as long as its meeple stays in place... in that case, no need to ask permission


Player B can build whatever* he wants even if there is already a non-rebel citizen of player A in a town.

* though no same multiple buildigns allowed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.