Albion's Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Solo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The KS page calls this a 1 to 4 game, but elsewhere it is listed as 2-4.
Is this game actually soloable?
What do you miss out on if played on your own?

And up next: how well does this play with two?

What's the sweet spot in terms of number of players?
What has it been tested with mostly?

I am very close to being very tempted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jack,

This is Thomas, I created the game. But my team fleshed it with me.

So to answer your question... when I first started posting the game - i post as 2-4 players, expandable to 6. I didn't even realize that, because it's 100% co-op that the game was in fact solo-able. (Even though I've played it alone many times, when I was too enthused to test and my team was sleeping haha)

So it's very solo-able. What do you miss? Someone to talk to... mainly. The feeling of having a team complete a quest. But solo activity is rewarding in itself.

The games sweet spots are 3 players, 4 players if you want the most difficult and close ended games...

5 players is the power house. At 6 players we have additional options to make the game harder and yet more dynamic.

We've tested all levels of play a lot but the ones that seemed to take over were 4 and 6 player games. (6 players at convention tests due to a demand of seats and amounts of players wishing to play) and 4 players with out design team.

I've done 2 characters before, it's harder to win but super fun!

hope this answers some questions, please feel free to ask more!

Thanks for taking the time to look into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.