Hide
5 Posts

Monopoly» Forums » Rules

Subject: dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian sementa
msg tools
Ok I need some help when a a player rolls and another player hits the dice would that require a re-roll or not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sicaria Occaeco
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If he's doing it on purpose tell him to knock it off. Usually anything that stays on the table stays, anything that falls off is a reroll.

The rolling player should have plenty of room to roll a couple of dice without knocking it into other players.

If the the other player is hitting them on purpose he needs a boot to the head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Owen
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. It's not written down anywhere that I know of, but incidental contact that results in the dice coming to rest on the table without being cocked generally means the dice roll counts and should not be re-rolled.

If someone deliberately interferes with a dice roll, I'd allow the rolling player to decide whether to keep the dice or re-roll.

If the rolling player deliberately rolled the dice into another player, I'd require a re-roll. (I'd stop short of the boot to the head. Unless it were a dice boot.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Young
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
An alternative is to use a dice rolling app (like "GamerDice"). I use it all the time for various games. I know that many prefer using actual dice as for them, the purpose of playing board games in the first place is to take a break from the high tech world. But it's an option that eliminates any monkey business with dice rolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If rolling the dice into other objects or off the table happens more than very occasionally (say, more than twice in a game), I would insist the player roll them in a game box lid or some similar practical solution. Once or even twice is understandable, many times is just thick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.