Phil Champeau
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools

I just started collecting board games, and I picked this one up at a garage sale. I got it mainly because I've never seen one like it before. I checked online and the only thing I could find was some tryology games of a different type. For example one was called The New York Tryogy; whereas mine is called The Canton Tryology. This game was made by osbo games & toys inc. in 1979. I am extremely curious about the game itself as well as it's collectors value. Ie. it's price & rarity. Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the BGG page of Tryopoly it sayes
Quote:

The properties in this game were meant to be local and recognizable to the players, so there is no "official" version of this game. Each version features a different city (such as Cleveland, Kansas City, and Washington D.C.) and the businesses and organizations found there.

There are severals editions (different citys) listed here on BGG, but your´s is missing and I guess there are more.
As Canton is not that big, the Canton edition might be quite rare, but thats just an assumption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Prices on ebay for similar games between 16 USD and 60 USD (factory sealed). Currently only 6 items on ebay, most of them from resellers for high prices...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tryology games were regional trivia games.

There were maybe 10-15 different subjects. Your box says The Canton.

They were poor games even at their time.

$20 might be possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.