Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

First of all I want to apologize for my approximative english (I'm French).

BREAKING NEWS : the video of the big dragon miniature : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giva7LhWtF4

Excellent news, it is already available as an add-on (there's one copy for the elemental 5 pledge) for 50$. So if you want, you can just take this awesome and incredible miniature without the game for 51$ (à la carte pledge plus eventually shipping fees).

PDF of the quick start rules available here : http://drakerys.com/ftp/drakerys-quick-rules.pdf

EDIT : The dwarves are unlocked at 185k !!

Quick start rules in french are available here : http://celine.delvecchio.free.fr/Drakerys%20QSR%20V1.pdf

Quick start rules in spanish are available here :
http://bit.ly/drakerysReglasP1
http://bit.ly/drakerysReglasP2
http://bit.ly/drakerysReglasP3
http://bit.ly/drakerysReglasP4

Like some of you (I guess), I'm very interested in the Drakerys project because I found it very promising and I love the miniatures, game mechanics and artworks we've seen until now.

You can join the kickstarter of the game here : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dontpanicgames/drakerys...

EDIT : Here comes part of the rules we get until now :

Quote:
Introduction

These Quick Start Rules are an introduction to the rules of Drakerys. Remember, Drakerys rules, as with any prototype game, are still a work in progress and are subject to change.

Equipment

To play you will need a handful of D10s (10-sided dice), miniatures from the Drakerys starter box, a tape measure in centimeters, cards and markers to be printed at the end of this booklet . You will also need a playing surface of 90 cm x 90 cm and, of course, a partner to play with.

Basics of the game

In the following paragraphs you will find a number of rules that define the basics to master before you start your first game of Drakerys. May the elements be ever in your favor

1 / Universal Action Table

To resolve most of the game effects using a D10, you will need the Universal Action Table. The profile cards will determine how many dice you need to roll and what the Action value and Opposition value are. Subtract the action value off the opposition value (the result can be negative). Depending on the result, the table indicates the minimum value of the die needed.

2 / Critical Success

During a dice roll using the table action resolution, any result of 10 is a critical success and allows an additional roll of 1D10 for that same dice roll.

3 / Measures

In Drakerys, measurements are always made in centimeters between the closest edges of the two elements. You can measure any distance on the battlefield at any time. The distance between two units is equal to the measurement between the edge of the bases of the leaders of each unit.

4 / The Time Path

The Time Path is a board with 16 boxes (“Time Sections” AKA “TS”) that allows players to activate and play their units. At the beginning of the game, each player places an activation token on the box 'START'. During the game phase, the active player is the player whose token is last on the time path (closer to the ‘START' box, going up the path, counterclockwise). The tokens are moved clockwise. If two tokens are superimposed on the same TS, the token having the highest position is considered to be the last. When a player spends TS he must move his activation token of as many boxes as requested by the rules. Once the move of the token is completed players check if the current player changes. When the token of a player lands on or passes the box 'START', right after the token is placed, this player has a Headquarter phase (to be explained later).

5 / Stress

Stress Markers represent fatigue and disruption among troops during the battle. At the end of each activation a unit automatically gets a Stress marker. NB: Please note that a unit being activated can perform several actions during this activation. It will still get only one Stress marker at the end of the activation.

6 / Profile cards

Each warrior on the battlefield is a warrior who has its own characteristics, equipment and special abilities. All this set of information is shown on the profile card. The effects of equipment and special abilities are described later in these rules.

There are 3 main characteristics :

- The number of actions which is the maximum number of actions that may be done during each activation of the unit
- The power is the number of D10 that each warrior in a unit rolls in order to attack
- The morale is the number of D10 a unit rolls when testing for morale

Then there are 6 secondary characteristics :
- The initiative, used to determine which warriors attacks first in combat
- The Combat and Shooting values that are used to hit the opponent
- The force is used to hurt the opponent
- The resistance value is used as the opposition value to withstand the blows of the opponent
- Health indicates the number of injuries the warrior can receive before being removed as a casualty
-Will is used as an action value when rolling for morale

7 / Unit Formation

A unit is made of one or more models. Each model must be within 2.5 cm of at least one other model in the unit and 10 cm or less the leader of the unit, at any point of the game. At the beginning of the game, within each of its units, each player must designate a model that is the leader of the unit.

8 / Line of Sight

A model has a field of vision of 360 ° and can "see" everything around it. Line of sight is the space that connects the edges of the base of a figure to the edges of the element in question. Each item (unit, figurine, scenery) in this space counts as an obstacle. Line of sight is blocked if all lines are completely cut by one or several obstacles.

9 / Injuries

When a unit suffers one or more wounds, they must be spread over the unit’s warriors. The leader does not suffer injuries if at least one other warrior in the unit can receive them instead. Choose a warrior, and assign as many injuries as he can withstand before reaching his Health value. Then allocate injuries on other warriors in the unit the same way.

Rules preview : The game and the heroes and awakened.

1- progress of a game.

Once the game is set up, players are going to play their units in order to complete their objectives. Players do as follows : The active player (the one with the last token on the time path) selects one unit and activates it. The unit does all its actions (Number of action stat on its card). Once all actions are completed, the unit gets a Stress marker. the active player moves his activation token on the Time Path according to the cost in TS of each actions completed. The players check who the new active player is. This procedure is repeated until the end of the game. Each player will thus become the active player and activate its units during the game.

2- Units actions.

When a unit is active, it can do one or several actions, within the limit of its “Number of Actions” from its stat card. Each action costs TS. Each stress token the unit has increases the cost of each action by one TS.

- Walking : 1TS. If the unit is not engaged, it can move up to the walking distance on its card. The unit cannot end this movement in contact with an enemy unit. this movement does not allow to go over sceneries and other models.
- Combat : 1TS. The unit fights the enemy unit in contact with it. models that are not engaged must walk in contact with the models of the enemy unit. A model cannot go over another model and cannot exceed their walking distance.
- Charge : 3TS. the unit moves up to the charge distance on its card. The unit must finish its movement in contact with an enemy unit which becomes the charge target. The charging unit then makes a free combat action against the charge target with a +1 Initiative and +1 Combat bonus until the end of this action.
- Range : 1TS. If not engaged, the unit makes one ranged attack.
- Magic : 1TS. If the unit has at least one free mage, the unit can cast a spell.

3- Headquarter Phase.

When the activation token lands or passes the Start box of the Time Path, every units he owns lose one Stress token.

4- End of the round and End of the game.

A round ends when both players pass the Start box of the Time Path. A game ends after 6 rounds. The players can then count VPs. Types of warriors For these QSR, you will use the rules of the Awakened and Heros. But later in the game you will discover rules for Monsters and specific infantries.

1- Heros

A Hero automatically gains +1D when rolling for combat. Plus, each time the hero receives an injury, they can roll a D10. On a result of 10 they ignore the injury.

2- Awakened/X

An awakened gains the possibility to summon elementals, a special action that can be done X times per game and cannot be repeated as long as an elemental ally is on the battlefield.

- Elemental Summoning : 2TS. First choose a vortex within 20cm of the summoner. Roll 2D10. If the vortex is free of any elemental, the player can roll additional dice at the cost of +1TS per die. On a result of 7 or more, the summoning is a success and you can place an elemental on the vortex of the same element. If the vortex is already taken by another elemental, the new elemental destroys and replaces the former elemental.

Combat :

When a combat between two units starts, players must follow the following steps:

- Determination of the initiative : The unit with the highest initiative attacks first, if both units have the same initiative, they both attack at the same time.

- Combat roll : The number of D10 rolled is equal to the sum of the power values of the warriors in contact with the enemy unit’s warrior. Each warrior of the attacking unit that is not in contact with an enemy but in contact with a model of their unit already engaged just gives an additional support D10. The roll needed is read on the Universal table, the action value being the combat value of the attacking unit and the opposition value being the combat value of the enemy unit. Each success on the roll is a hit.

- Injury roll : The active player rolls as many D10s as hits from the combat roll, using the Strength of the unit as action value and the resistance of the enemy unit as opposing value. each success on the roll is an injury.

- Taking losses : The opponent takes off the table the loss in the unit, according to the unit formation rules. then the enemy unit attacks too.

- Determining the winner : The winner of the combat is player with the biggest Advantage value. The Advantage value si calculated as follow : +1 for a charge. +1 is the unit inflicted more injuries than it received. +1 for numeric superiority +1 if the unit has less Stress tokens than the enemy unit. In case of a draw, both unit are victorious. The losing unit must take a morale check, the opposition value being the difference between its Advantage value and the one of the enemy unit.

Ranged attack :

To make a ranged attack, a warrior of the unit must have a ranged weapon. The unit must not be engaged.
Target an enemy unit up to the maximum range of the weapon used and in line of sight of the warrior who is making the ranged attack.
Count the obstacles in the shooting corridor. Each obstacle increases the Opposition value for the ranged attack by 1.
The player rolls as many D10s as the power of the ranged weapons used. Then, using the Universal action Table, the player determines the value for a successful roll.
The action value is the Range value of the attacking unit, the opposition value is the number of 10cm sections (even incomplete) between the two units. Each successful roll is a hit.
Then the player roll for injuries as described in Combat. The opponent then deals with their losses but cannot reciprocate.
If the target unit had 25% or more loss, it must take a Morale test for which the opposition value is the number of losses.

Morale :

When a unit must test for morale, do as follows :
- Morale roll : Roll as many D10s as the morale value of your unit. Action value is the will of the unit. Opposition value will vary depending on the effect causing the morale roll. If the unit is 20cm or less from an ally Hero or Awakened, add a die.
- Morale roll effects : Depending on the number of successes on the dice :
0 success : The Unit is withdrawn from the Battlefield.
1 success : the unit gains a Stress token if its not during its activation. If it is, the activation ends immediately.
2 success : No effect while during the unit’s activation. if not during the activation, it ends immediately.
3 success : No effect whatsoever.

Equipments :

Every soldier goes to war with their equipment. Some have special effects listed below.
- Basic weapon : Swords, Axes, Masses. No effect.
- Heavy weapon : Ignore the effect of shields. Everytime a model gets at least an injury, it receive an additional one automatically.
- Bows : ranged weapon with a range of 100 cm, Power of 1 and Strength of 3.
- Shield : When a unit of which every warrior has a shield is targeted by a ranged or Combat attack, the attacking player counts Critical shots as normal and cannot rerolls.

Magic :

Magical sources allow the players to get some magical ressources, called mana, and to cast spells. Sources can be of two sorts : Vortexes : they can give up to 3 mana of the vortex type to allow spellcasting. Maelstroms : Almost unlimited magical sources which can give any number of mana the player may need.

Cast a spell :

With these QSR, you will find threes spell cards for the shaman of Ashral, Induna. To cast a spell, Induna must select a spell in the list that hasn’t been already cast during this activation. Then the player selects either the maelstrom or one or several vortexes. Selected vortexes must have enough mana to allow the spell to be cast. Remaining mana on each source can be used to reinforce a spell by giving an additional 1D10 per extra mana used. Then the player rolls 1D10 (+1D10 per extra mana spent). The opposition value is the number of 10cm section (even incomplete) between the mage and the furthest magical source used to cast the spell. The action value is the magic level of the spellcaster. Any additional source adds one to the threshold of the roll. The effects of the spell vary with the number of success. The player can choose to apply the effect corresponding to the numbers of success of the roll, or any effect of an inferior level. When a Mage casts a spell, he can also provoke dramatic catastrophies. Depending on the number of 1s on the casting roll a cataclysmic effect happens :

1 : Casting the spell costs an additional 1TS
2 : Same as above and the caster gains a stress marker
3 : Same as above and the opponent chooses the target of the spell in your stead.
4 : Casting the spell is a failure. Each warrior within 20cm of a magical source used to cast the spell takes a ranged Strength 3 hit. The activation of the mage immediately ends.
5-10 : The spell casting is a failure. The spellcaster is taken out of the game.

Additionally, if the spell was cast using a Maelstrom, the spell caster gets one injury per 1s rolled.

SPELLS

1/ Muddy Terrain (Cost : 1 water et 1 earth)
1 Success : The area within 20cm of the spell caster is considered as difficult terrain. Each cm of the zone counts double.

2 - 3 Success : The area within 30cm of the spell caster is considered as difficult terrain. Each cm of the zone counts double.
4 Success or more : The area within 40cm of the spell caster is considered as difficult terrain. Each cm of the zone counts double. Moreover the enemy activation token is moved one box forward.

2/ Hail Blast (Cost 2 Water et 1 air)
1 Success : An enemy unit with 20cm of the mage takes 1D10 Ranged Strength 1 hits.
2 Success : 2 enemy units with 25cm of the mage takes 1D10 Ranged Strength 1 hits.
3 Success or more : Select a point on the battlefield within 40cm of the spell caster. All units even partially located on the line between the spell caster and this point take 1D10 Ranged Strength 2 hits.

3/ Nature’s call (Cost 1 earth et 1 water)
1 Success : An ally unit within 15 cm of the spell caster gains +2 Initiative for the next combat.
2 Success : An ally unit within 25 cm of the spell caster gains +2 Initiative and +1 Combat for the next combat.
3 Success or more : An ally unit within 40 cm of the spell caster gains +2 Initiative, +1 combat and +1 Resistance for the next combat.

I'll try to do my best in order to update this topic often and share the news we get on the project during the campaign. Personnally I've taken an elemental 5 (round 1) pledge, because it's the get everything pledge. With it I'm sure that I'll be getting every produced elements (including sceneries, new armies...etc.). It's already a great deal (and I'm sure it'll get even better with all the stretch goals we'll reach during the campaign).

What I like about this project is first of all the fantasy universe in which the game is set. I love this kind of worlds and the background seems very nice for the moment, with those elemental powers and all the magic springs...etc. I really hope that we'll be able to reach and unlock everything, like the dwarves and elves armies and also the Dragons minis !!

I also know that Don't Panic Games is a really reliable company, even if it's their first project. All the team members behind the project are experts in their domains and are not on their first attempt on creating games and kickstarter experience.

Nicolas Raoult is one of the creators of Zombicide, Mohamed "Mohand" Ait-Mehdi is a very talented sculptor wich have proven that he's able to create great game with the recent Escape campaign, Pierre "Jugger" Joanne is very good in creating great games rules.

All the team is dedicated to make a really great game with Drakerys and judging by their past achievements, I'm really confident with this one.

The game concept, the fantasy universe, the great looking minis and the proximity with the creators seem like very good reasons to back this project (at least for me), there's still 29 days to go on the kickstarter campaign if you want to join :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dontpanicgames/drakerys...

So if you're backers (new backers, older ones or potential ones), interested in the project...etc. feel free to come here and discuss with me about it !!

I'm not a part of the project at all, I'm just an enthusiastic fan who want this game to be an huge success and hope that it'll explode all the stretches !! That's why I decided to create this thread in order to give more visibility to Drakerys.

To conclude here come some answers to frequently asked questions on the kickstarter page, I hope it'll help you (if you have other suggestions of questions to add, don’t hesitate to post them).

FAQ : (under construction) :

-I have never used Kickstarter, what's that exactly ?

Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform, it means that project creators can submit their ideas to the world. If you want you can help them by investing in their project. Of course in order to reward you of the trust you give them, you'll have bonuses depending on the amount you invest (the more you invest, the more you get ^^)

Notice that your money won't be taken until the end of the campaign (here, on the 25th of June), and during all the campaign you're free to manage your pledge as you want. You can increase or decrease the amount you want to invest at any moment. For example if you change your mind at the last minute, you can back off the project (it's not super cool but you're free to do it).

If the goal is not reached (for Drakerys, 35 000$) you won't lose any money. So there are not a lot of risks that you take by investing in a project that you find promising. Drakerys is already funded, so the game will be produced, but the content could grow a lot if we manage to raie a lot of money.

In order to help the project, put the maximum amount that you're ready to pay for the game, even if you think that for the moment it’s not worth it, because by doing this, you'll increase the total amount of funding, which is going to help beating the stretches and make your pledge increase his final value with a lot of exclusive content.

-If I'm a completionist backer, what is the best pledge for me ?

If you want to get everything that will be unlocked added directly to your game box, you have to take the Elemental 5 pledge which now costs 610$ (+50$ of shipping if you're outside the US). It's already a great value because you save a lot of money if you want to have everything. If you got friend or family...etc. interested you can split the cost of it and share the content (one will get an army...etc.) and it will be an even better deal.

Cameron Covet made an awesome visual help to see what there's (for the moment ) in the Elemental 5 Pledge !!

-What about the minis, what kind of material will be used for them, are they assembled or not, painted...etc. ?

Drakerys is a 32mm miniatures skirmish game for 2 players, all the minis will come UNPAINTED. The starter set will contain everything you need in order to play immediatly. You'll find two armies (the Ashral Orcs VS the Paladinate of Irosia) with ALREADY ASSEMBLED miniatures.

If you want to have a bigger choice of characters, you'll be able to purchase boxes with supplementary soldiers for your armies, those miniatures WON'T be assembled, you'll have to do it yourself and will be able to choose the pose of your characters (3 differents for each minis).

All the miniatures will be in plastic and it's an hard PVC material wich will be used, it avoids the swords, axes...etc. to bend too much.

-If I'm a french-speaker backer, will I be forced to have an English box ?

Nope, at the end of the kickstarter you'll be asked if you prefer a full English or full French version of the game !!

-It's said that this project is EU friendly but there's shipping for Europe and it's free for the US, why that ?!

Quote:
KS doesn't allow us to charge for shipping inside the US. Yes, our offices are mainly in France (although I write this, sitting at my desk in the US) but the warehouse is not. Yes, it creates some unfair situation we are not comfortable with and NO, we are not overcharging Europe to compensate for the US.

We are actually absorbing part of the shipping costs (and all of customs fees) for all EU. and the products you get through this KS are actually discounted compared to the actual MSRP. For the elemental 555, if we unlock up to the Elves (which might happen soon, if you continue trusting us at that rate) we will give you a discount close to 75% on the minis. But that will also mean a LOT of boxes to ship (which we will gladly do).

Canadian friends, we heard your concern about UPS and others. We are working with our US freight forwarder to solve this issue in a reliable way, even though right now we cannot guarantee anything.

-Will there be a rulebook only add on?
Not in the way you think. We plan to release the core starter rules as a free downloadable content as soon as they are available, and if distributor partnerships allow us to do so (this last point is important).

-Will token sets be available?
If such a product gets in high demand, yes! We love tokens, designing them can be so fun.

-Will there be a hardback/color rulebook?
We plan a paperback with a colored rulebook in Starter and Army Boxes. Getting a hardcover book in the future would make us proud, as a testimony of the game’s quality.

-Will there be an color art book?
We work with talented artists, and are planning the fabrication of such a book in the not so distant future. For now, however, we have the game and universe to launch. We’ll reach this goal thanks to your continued support.

-What are the playsheets made of?
Battlegounds are made out of iced paper (90x90cm)

-Is there an option to upgrade playsheets to mouse mat material?
Quite frankly, that would be really cool. We thought about it but put this idea aside at first, for production costs. But let's discuss this again, let me bring back the idea to the team!

-Will there be other playsheets available?
Yes. Oh yes!

-What is in the starter that is necessary to play that does not come with the army boxes?
Players get the *necessary* contents to play in each Army Box, including the Time Path, rule book and spell cards. On the other hand, the Starter Box offers two armies at a lowered cost, assembled miniatures for beginners (and hasty players, we all know one), and the Valgar Campaign, with some nice background and tested battle missions.

-Is Command & Control done by distance, Action Points or is there none and all units are autonomous entities on the table ?
All Units are independent. Some Awakened heroes, however, can get friendly units nearby to execute some nice moves.

-Are Elemental Heralds unique per game, unique per army, or unlimited?
Heralds are summoned and linked to vortexes. You can own several copies of the same Herald on the battlefield at the same time, and summon several copies of the same Herald along the game. There is a limit, however, as each Awakened can only summon a fixed amount of Elemental beings.

-Is 4 Heralds enough for a 2 players Starter Set, as only one player can have a specific Herald in use?
As Drakerys’ magic is awakening, every army tries to gain access to elemental vortexes. To reflect this, we introduced a random but fair deployment of vortexes on the battlefield. Controlling vortexes is a major step to victory, so, being the first to get the fire Vortex, in order to get that spicy Fire Herald Elemental, is part of the game.

-Some heroes have 3 assembly combination, is it interesting to get 3 version of them ?
Yes it could be intersting and that's the reason why :

Quote:

DESIGNERS’ NOTE – THREE FACES OF AN IROSIA HEROINE

In Drakerys, each Army Box features a hero with three assembly options, allowing you to choose the one fitting your play style and game wishes.
You already know Karya, Irosia Heroine. Her miniature is already assembled in the Starter Box, but it comes unassembled in both the Army Box and the Solo Box, thus you can use the content to create two other Irosia Heroines with their own play style: Celeste, a magician, and Eorann, a bow artist.

- Karya is a talented commander, leading her troops with style on the battlefield. Use her to get her troops to the contested points, then unleash her on the engaged troops: her sword and determination will do the rest.

- Celeste is a Sun spellcaster, a double-edged and powerful magic field. Sun spells require Air and Fire mana, meaning a very, very hot time for her foes. Sun block won’t help.

- Eorann counts amongst the best bow artists of the Irosia Empire, and is also a talented spy (we didn’t tell you, shhh). Her tastes for ambush can give any Irosian army a serious edge over the enemy.

One box, three Irosia Heroines, three play styles for your army. The choice is yours!

The Drakerys Project and where we are :

Currently there is 717 backers spending 187 511$ (the project was funded at 35 000$). We're trying to reach the next stretch (200k) in order to get Alkali a new Aurium awakened hero :

Then the next stretch are :

We've reached the 185k let's go up to the 200k now !!! Some stretchs surprises will probably pop up soon between those big stretch goals.

You can also show your support to the game with those Drakerys avatars :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 29 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 193%]
I've added a part on the shipping cost in the faq, quoted directly from DPG in the comments on the kickstarter.

In the last update, they show us the next army wich is gonna join the Drakerys universe : The Elves !!

There was also a picture of a wip of the sculpt of the Fire Elemental Overlord, wich seems very promising as you can see :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Covet
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 29 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 210%]

I made a quick image showing the current contents if you back at the "Elemental 5" level. I made it for my own reference, but I thought I'd put it up here as well for anyone who is curious.

It's over 100 minis, plus terrain and some other things. Not shown here is all the rulebooks, tokens, dice, and other game components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 29 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 210%]
Excellent work Cameron and thanks for sharing it, I think you'll have to update it a lot before the end of the ks if it goes at the same rythm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Covet
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
I sure hope so! When the next stretch goals get hit I'll make an updated image and post it up here. I like having this as a reference, it helps me to better imagine what I'll be getting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got some work to do Cameron, the Aquatic Overlord is ours now, let's get the Earth one now ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 29 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 240%]
After the Overlords, the Elves will come and they look awesome imho !!

So if you like the elves, join the project and help us to unlock them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 27 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 257%]
"It's the end of the Overlord as we know it", we've been threw the 90k stretch so all the overlords are unlocked !!!

Now it's the turn of the Elves, speaking of them, a new ks exclusive have been revealed in the last update :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Covet
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 29 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 257%]
Updated loot list:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 29 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 278%]
Thanks a lot for your amazing update work Cameron on the Elemental 5 pledge. They ve talk about it on the ks comment and the dn't panic games Facebook page ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 26 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 300%]
I don't know how I didn't see this before but I'm backing the project.
The miniatures look awesome.
I hope we can see more about the rules before the end of the KS.
And some videos with gameplay would be perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 26 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 300%]
Bernado wrote:
I don't know how I didn't see this before but I'm backing the project.
The miniatures look awesome.
I hope we can see more about the rules before the end of the KS.
And some videos with gameplay would be perfect.

Logically, the next video they will show us (pretty soon visibly) will be focused on the gameplay, so we'll probably know more about how Drakery works.

In a statement two days ago Don't Panic Games say this in the comments : "We will have several videos before the end of the campaign. And also some Designers notes to explain the main assets of the rules."

Anyway welcome in here ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 24 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 332%]
Yesterday update allowed us to get a glance to the sculpt of the future mini Aspic (when we will unlock her at 125 k)

They've also spoke of the vortexes and maelstroms, the magical sources wich are gonna take a very important part during the game.

And here was the statement going with the image :

Quote:
This add-on is really convenient as Elemental vortexes and the maelstrom are special sources of powers, objectives and spawning points for the elementals your mage will summon.

As you can see, they are pretty massive and balanced enough to allow a miniature to stand on top of each of them. in a regular game (basically with the content of the pledges we offer right now) you will need one set. For massive battles, you might want to have a second set.

Finally, we wanted to tell you more about the "Deluxe Conqueror" pledge : A crazy amount of people seem interested in this pledge and until then, we answered that only the content of the starter set and the unlocked freebies would be painted.

Now, what if we told you that we could put you in touch with our main artist, Mohand, of which you can see the work there :

- CMoN Gallery !
- golden demon winner recap !

And get all your add-ons (yes, all of them, yes as many as you want) painted for a special price ? If you're interested, just let us know and we will put you in touch with Mohand.

There will probably have other news very soon, like gameplay video (beginning of the week), visual aids for knowing what each pledge gets you, the next stretch because the elves are not so far now (8500k when I'm speaking)...etc.

So stay tuned for more exciting news on the Drakerys project !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 22 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 346%]
In the last update there xas a video showing the minotaurs and their weapons configuration :

A recap of the actual sceneries and a scale simulation :

And finally the announcement of the future elves pledge wich are the following ones :

Quote:
- A basic pledge will include the Elf Army box and one unit box of your choice (value $20 or less). This pledge will be $60.

- A brand new pledge will fill the gap between Conqueror and Elemental 5. Its content will be the one of Conqueror ($150) + Elf Army Box ($60) + One unit box for each elf unit (Crows-$20 + Blood Banes-$20 + Hero-$15) for a total "add-on"value of $265. This pledge will be $250 with 25 Early birds at 235$.

- The Elemental 5 pledge will receive the elves for free as part of the pledges and one box of each add-on as you can see on this picture.

Of course, the army box and each unit box will be also available as add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 22 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 346%]
The elves are not so far now, less than 2k !! We've got a video of Aspic (wich is gonna be unlocked at 125k with the other elves) during the last update :

We also have a future dwarves warrior sketch :

And finally a first designer note on vortexes :

Quote:
As far as I can remember about the Drakerys project, we always wanted to introduce a tactical dimension in magic. That’s why we designed the Vortexes, tokens (or sceneries!) to be placed at random on the battleground while setting the game. There are five kinds of Vortexes: one for each Element, Air, Earth, Fire and Water, and the very special Maelstrom Vortex. Each of them is both an elemental spring in which magicians can draw power to cast upgraded spells, and a spawn point for elemental beings. The Hailstorm spell, for example, requires Air and Water mana, and thus the access to the matching Vortexes, to be cast. In the same way, a Water Vortex is required to summon a Water Elemental. You’ll see in our gameplay videos to come that Vortexes play a major role in Drakerys and fighting to control them is a crucial step toward victory.

- Pierre
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 21 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 353%]
The first gameplay video is available, logically more will come during this week, so stay tuned

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 21 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 377%]
The elves have been unlocked and we went through the 125k. Rhe next big stretch goals have been revealed and there's some new heroes to unlock and dwarves are on the horizon.

The next big one is two new ks exclusive heroes, one for the Orc and one for the Irosian :

Then it's Bastion the dwarf mercenary (I love his style !!) :

Alkali the dwarf hero wich is also a mage will be unlocked at 200k with the dwarf army :

Let's go for those awesome dwarves !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 19 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 393%]
The last update bring us a lot of new info, first of all the real colored artwork of the dwarves warriors (wich is best than my own mountage ^^') :

I've made a translation of the piece of background we got on them (the french version have been posted on DPG's facebook page :

Quote:
"You want to know more about the Drakerys universe ? Here come the Aurium dwarves, the wealthy bankers of Drakerys !

While the other people were dividing themselves in various subcultures, the dwarves prefer to remain united. However, over the centuries some castes emerge among the dwarves people. The Aurium dwarves are the lords of their people. They choose a lion as an emblem and are famous for two things : they are amazingly wealthy et they have special links with Death. They summon ghosts of their ancestors in order to ask them advices on their operations of "aggressives" acquisitions, and they aren't affraid to seize the souls of the defaulter, in order to use it later. And we haven't spoke of their art of war... at least, not yet !"

And we got a video of the Blood Bane mini, wich imho looks really great and awesome :

We also have a bg FAQ session, that I've added to my first post here :

-Will there be a rulebook only add on?
Not in the way you think. We plan to release the core starter rules as a free downloadable content as soon as they are available, and if distributor partnerships allow us to do so (this last point is important).

-Will token sets be available?
If such a product gets in high demand, yes! We love tokens, designing them can be so fun.

-Will there be a hardback/color rulebook?
We plan a paperback with a colored rulebook in Starter and Army Boxes. Getting a hardcover book in the future would make us proud, as a testimony of the game’s quality.

-Will there be an color art book?
We work with talented artists, and are planning the fabrication of such a book in the not so distant future. For now, however, we have the game and universe to launch. We’ll reach this goal thanks to your continued support.

-What are the playsheets made of?
Battlegounds are made out of iced paper (90x90cm)

-Is there an option to upgrade playsheets to mouse mat material?
Quite frankly, that would be really cool. We thought about it but put this idea aside at first, for production costs. But let's discuss this again, let me bring back the idea to the team!

-Will there be other playsheets available?
Yes. Oh yes!

-What is in the starter that is necessary to play that does not come with the army boxes?
Players get the *necessary* contents to play in each Army Box, including the Time Path, rule book and spell cards. On the other hand, the Starter Box offers two armies at a lowered cost, assembled miniatures for beginners (and hasty players, we all know one), and the Valgar Campaign, with some nice background and tested battle missions.

-Is Command & Control done by distance, Action Points or is there none and all units are autonomous entities on the table ?
All Units are independent. Some Awakened heroes, however, can get friendly units nearby to execute some nice moves.

-Are Elemental Heralds unique per game, unique per army, or unlimited?
Heralds are summoned and linked to vortexes. You can own several copies of the same Herald on the battlefield at the same time, and summon several copies of the same Herald along the game. There is a limit, however, as each Awakened can only summon a fixed amount of Elemental beings.

-Is 4 Heralds enough for a 2 players Starter Set, as only one player can have a specific Herald in use?
As Drakerys’ magic is awakening, every army tries to gain access to elemental vortexes. To reflect this, we introduced a random but fair deployment of vortexes on the battlefield. Controlling vortexes is a major step to victory, so, being the first to get the fire Vortex, in order to get that spicy Fire Herald Elemental, is part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 19 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 393%]
Two updates today, in the first one we had a better look to the scenery pack A in a video (looks pretty amazing) :

And also a link to an interview of Mohand about Drakerys (but it's in french) : http://www.trictrac.tv/video/Drakerys_de_l_interview

here comme a little summary I've made about it for the non french speakers, with the elements I've remembered :

Quote:
The main part of the video was dedicated to present the members behind the project, how works a kickstarter campaign...etc. but I've noted some interesting things anyway :

-In the future (I don't know when and on what it will depend) the game will perhaps be playable at more than 2 players.

-During the game, there will be a common objective for the 2 opponents (for example take the control of a certain area of the map), but they will also have a proper objective to complete, so it will ask a lot of strategy in order to fulfill both.

-No need to use glue in order to assemble the miniatures (we already know that, but it's confirmed).

-The board area included in the game will be 90x90cm, they hope to be able to make some stretchs in order to add other maps.

-In addition to the time path, where doing some actions will make you spend a certain amount of time, there will also have an tiredness/tension system. He doesn't said much about it, but here are the big lines : it means that if you keep using the same troops, they will be less efficient wich is gonna cost you more time in order to make the same kind of action. On the contrary if you didn't use some troops, they will be fresher and more efficient, so we will have to use and choose our troop wisely.

-The time path and the tension system are here in order to bring more realism and put us in the skin of an army general. Contrary to some other game, the opponent are gonna play one after the other but in an asymmetrical way (it's not one player move all his unit and do everything he wants, then it's the turn of his opponent to move all his unit...etc. wich make big phase where one of the player didn't do much except watching his opponent moves). Here we'll have to be more reactive and adapt our strategy to all the moves made by our opponent, and take advantage of his decisions.

-The scenery elements (even if you don't buy them, they will be represented on the map) are gonna block the line of sight for example.

And I think that I've made the turn of the elements wich have catch my attention. It was a really interesting video and I have spend a great time in front of it ^^

Then in the second update, we've got a new gameplay video with vortexes and elemental inside :

And also more background, this time it's Ragnor wich is under the spotlight (he xill be unlocked when we'll reach the 150k), here comes is history :

Quote:
RAGNOR, SCOURGE OF KOBAN

The Orc Kingdom of Ashral and the Holy Paladinate of Irosia have been battling for centuries. The worse conflict came with the Manikar War: Orcs lost an entire tribe, and the well-defended island of Manikar. The Emperor then offered the island to his wife (nice, right?).

This offense lead to an endless conflict upon the sea. For decades, Orcs trained their troops to sink the heavy irosian ships, and engage in raids on the Empire’s large shores. All this time, the Orc city of Koban bore the flag of war against the imperial invader, and earned a well-deserved reputation for having the most aggressive fleets on this southern part of Drakerys.

Ragnor is the heir of the Manikar War. A hired blade at first, he raised his position until he could become the city’s leader, but declined. Instead, he wanted to be the Scourge of Koban, the champion anyone would call in the vicinity to protect the city’s interests. Since that brutal time, Ragnor leads the Koban forces against any threat, chooses the next targets to strike, and is always the first to set foot in enemy territory. Only a few Orcs are as strong and insightful as him. Ragnor is a charismatic leader and a great warrior.

The sudden appearance of the Valgar Islands, right between Ashral and Irosia, is fueling the call for vengeance of all Ashral Orcs. Some of them are aware of the archipelago’s dark history and great value, and most are eager to bash some human heads, just for the kicks and giggles. For Ragnor, both reasons to sail the ships and go to war are good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 18 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 398%]
Today's updates content :

-A video showing Valira's miniature :

-A video showing the 4 standard elementals (the women shaped ones) :

Plus an interesting quote about the elementals :

Quote:
The sculpt is the key to identifying each elemental caste. All Heralds are female, for example, to easily spot them on the battlefield. On the other hand, Elemental Overlords are towering monsters having a noticeable influence in the area they stand in. There is a third kind, but... oops, you’re not supposed to know about them!

The third type of elemental is probably gonna be some intermediate stretchs wich are gonna to appear between the big ones.

A new gameplay video (with more gameplay machanics in it) will be released during the next week !!

And finally, the artwork of Bastion, the future mercenary dwarf (available at 175k) and his background :

Quote:
BASTION, DWARF ARMORER AND FIELD TESTER

Only a few people know about Bastion’s real name, and it doesn’t really matter: the Dwarf hero react more quickly to his nickname anyway.

Bastion was already a hero to the Dwarf people before being Awakened: he began his career as a wandering weapon smith, then became an enchanter and finally a warrior. Bastion is peerless when it comes to creating all kinds of weapons mixing magic and advanced blacksmithing. Always looking for innovation, he sells what he considers to be his “obsolete” creations to fund his next armor or weapon design.

To acquire new enchantments or foreign knowledge, Bastion is willing to lend his skills to any army on Drakerys. Many are willing to spend huge amounts of gold to acquire his unique weapons, armors, a war machine blueprint, or just to have him takes the lead of a new weapon project.

For Bastion, having firepower superiority is self-evident. He walks on the battlefield equipped with his latest inventions in order to test them first-hand, more often than not with an extreme efficiency. Of all weapons he owns, his favorite is still his hammer. The artifact can bend the hardest material and break magic seals. Bastion, marvelous engineer, easily summons Earth and Fire elementals. His latest breakthrough? Giving his brothers in arms Fire-reacting weapons and Earth-reacting armors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 18 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 398%]
In the last update, DPG apologize for the troubles they have recently wich have prevent them of being more present on the ks. They also said that the rules are on their way :

Quote:
We just finished condensing 24 pages of rules into 8 pages of Quick Start Rules. We also have a nice schematic of a card, with all the icons and logos explained. They should be translated really fast.

We are finishing the big gameplay video. The one where you will see two people actually playing the game and everything getting explained as they do so.

We also have a look to the standard soldiers of the Ashral and Irosia army in two videos.

The bowmen conscripts :

The orc warriors :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 15 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 397%]
Here comes sunday's updates, on the first one, they let us know the first intermediate stretch wich is at 145k and will allow to have Drakery's dice in every army boxes, no matter what pledge you have :

And the most interesting update was the second one, with the first two pages of the quickstarter rules (2 on 8 pages) wich is a light version of the real rules. Here it comes :

Quote:
Introduction

These Quick Start Rules are an introduction to the rules of Drakerys. Remember, Drakerys rules, as with any prototype game, are still a work in progress and are subject to change.

Equipment

To play you will need a handful of D10s (10-sided dice), miniatures from the Drakerys starter box, a tape measure in centimeters, cards and markers to be printed at the end of this booklet . You will also need a playing surface of 90 cm x 90 cm and, of course, a partner to play with.

Basics of the game

In the following paragraphs you will find a number of rules that define the basics to master before you start your first game of Drakerys. May the elements be ever in your favor

1 / Universal Action Table

To resolve most of the game effects using a D10, you will need the Universal Action Table. The profile cards will determine how many dice you need to roll and what the Action value and Opposition value are. Subtract the action value off the opposition value (the result can be negative). Depending on the result, the table indicates the minimum value of the die needed.

2 / Critical Success

During a dice roll using the table action resolution, any result of 10 is a critical success and allows an additional roll of 1D10 for that same dice roll.

3 / Measures

In Drakerys, measurements are always made in centimeters between the closest edges of the two elements. You can measure any distance on the battlefield at any time. The distance between two units is equal to the measurement between the edge of the bases of the leaders of each unit.

4 / The Time Path

The Time Path is a board with 16 boxes (“Time Sections” AKA “TS”) that allows players to activate and play their units. At the beginning of the game, each player places an activation token on the box 'START'. During the game phase, the active player is the player whose token is last on the time path (closer to the ‘START' box, going up the path, counterclockwise). The tokens are moved clockwise. If two tokens are superimposed on the same TS, the token having the highest position is considered to be the last. When a player spends TS he must move his activation token of as many boxes as requested by the rules. Once the move of the token is completed players check if the current player changes. When the token of a player lands on or passes the box 'START', right after the token is placed, this player has a Headquarter phase (to be explained later).

5 / Stress

Stress Markers represent fatigue and disruption among troops during the battle. At the end of each activation a unit automatically gets a Stress marker. NB: Please note that a unit being activated can perform several actions during this activation. It will still get only one Stress marker at the end of the activation.

6 / Profile cards

Each warrior on the battlefield is a warrior who has its own characteristics, equipment and special abilities. All this set of information is shown on the profile card. The effects of equipment and special abilities are described later in these rules.

There are 3 main characteristics :

- The number of actions which is the maximum number of actions that may be done during each activation of the unit
- The power is the number of D10 that each warrior in a unit rolls in order to attack
- The morale is the number of D10 a unit rolls when testing for morale

Then there are 6 secondary characteristics :
- The initiative, used to determine which warriors attacks first in combat
- The Combat and Shooting values that are used to hit the opponent
- The force is used to hurt the opponent
- The resistance value is used as the opposition value to withstand the blows of the opponent
- Health indicates the number of injuries the warrior can receive before being removed as a casualty
-Will is used as an action value when rolling for morale

7 / Unit Formation

A unit is made of one or more models. Each model must be within 2.5 cm of at least one other model in the unit and 10 cm or less the leader of the unit, at any point of the game. At the beginning of the game, within each of its units, each player must designate a model that is the leader of the unit.

8 / Line of Sight

A model has a field of vision of 360 ° and can "see" everything around it. Line of sight is the space that connects the edges of the base of a figure to the edges of the element in question. Each item (unit, figurine, scenery) in this space counts as an obstacle. Line of sight is blocked if all lines are completely cut by one or several obstacles.

9 / Injuries

When a unit suffers one or more wounds, they must be spread over the unit’s warriors. The leader does not suffer injuries if at least one other warrior in the unit can receive them instead. Choose a warrior, and assign as many injuries as he can withstand before reaching his Health value. Then allocate injuries on other warriors in the unit the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Q

Northern Mariana Islands
msg tools
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 15 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 397%]
They just announced that a video play through of each of the major phases of the game is almost done and should be posted by late tuesday night. Also there is a Spanish translation of the current overview of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 14 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 401%]
New part of the rules unveiled :

Quote:
Rules preview : The game and the heroes and awakened.

1- progress of a game.

Once the game is set up, players are going to play their units in order to complete their objectives. Players do as follows : The active player (the one with the last token on the time path) selects one unit and activates it. The unit does all its actions (Number of action stat on its card). Once all actions are completed, the unit gets a Stress marker. the active player moves his activation token on the Time Path according to the cost in TS of each actions completed. The players check who the new active player is. This procedure is repeated until the end of the game. Each player will thus become the active player and activate its units during the game.

2- Units actions.

When a unit is active, it can do one or several actions, within the limit of its “Number of Actions” from its stat card. Each action costs TS. Each stress token the unit has increases the cost of each action by one TS.

- Walking : 1TS. If the unit is not engaged, it can move up to the walking distance on its card. The unit cannot end this movement in contact with an enemy unit. this movement does not allow to go over sceneries and other models.
- Combat : 1TS. The unit fights the enemy unit in contact with it. models that are not engaged must walk in contact with the models of the enemy unit. A model cannot go over another model and cannot exceed their walking distance.
- Charge : 3TS. the unit moves up to the charge distance on its card. The unit must finish its movement in contact with an enemy unit which becomes the charge target. The charging unit then makes a free combat action against the charge target with a +1 Initiative and +1 Combat bonus until the end of this action.
- Range : 1TS. If not engaged, the unit makes one ranged attack.
- Magic : 1TS. If the unit has at least one free mage, the unit can cast a spell.

3- Headquarter Phase.

When the activation token lands or passes the Start box of the Time Path, every units he owns lose one Stress token.

4- End of the round and End of the game.

A round ends when both players pass the Start box of the Time Path. A game ends after 6 rounds. The players can then count VPs. Types of warriors For these QSR, you will use the rules of the Awakened and Heros. But later in the game you will discover rules for Monsters and specific infantries.

1- Heros

A Hero automatically gains +1D when rolling for combat. Plus, each time the hero receives an injury, they can roll a D10. On a result of 10 they ignore the injury.

2- Awakened/X

An awakened gains the possibility to summon elementals, a special action that can be done X times per game and cannot be repeated as long as an elemental ally is on the battlefield.

- Elemental Summoning : 2TS. First choose a vortex within 20cm of the summoner. Roll 2D10. If the vortex is free of any elemental, the player can roll additional dice at the cost of +1TS per die. On a result of 7 or more, the summoning is a success and you can place an elemental on the vortex of the same element. If the vortex is already taken by another elemental, the new elemental destroys and replaces the former elemental.

We also got a designer's note and a video on the modularity of the heroes :

Quote:
DESIGNERS’ NOTE – THREE FACES OF AN IROSIA HEROINE

In Drakerys, each Army Box features a hero with three assembly options, allowing you to choose the one fitting your play style and game wishes.
You already know Karya, Irosia Heroine. Her miniature is already assembled in the Starter Box, but it comes unassembled in both the Army Box and the Solo Box, thus you can use the content to create two other Irosia Heroines with their own play style: Celeste, a magician, and Eorann, a bow artist.

- Karya is a talented commander, leading her troops with style on the battlefield. Use her to get her troops to the contested points, then unleash her on the engaged troops: her sword and determination will do the rest.

- Celeste is a Sun spellcaster, a double-edged and powerful magic field. Sun spells require Air and Fire mana, meaning a very, very hot time for her foes. Sun block won’t help.

- Eorann counts amongst the best bow artists of the Irosia Empire, and is also a talented spy (we didn’t tell you, shhh). Her tastes for ambush can give any Irosian army a serious edge over the enemy.

One box, three Irosia Heroines, three play styles for your army. The choice is yours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Let's talk about Drakerys !! (FAQ+the progress of the project) 14 days remaining to join !!! [Kickstarter 401%]
Crazy update today !!! First of all, for our next stretch at 145k they've announced that dice in each army box will be colored after the faction theme : Red for Irosia, Green for Ashral, Purple for Avaren etc... It's really cool for people loving dice like me.

But that's nothing compared to the other new stretch wich will be unlocked when we will have 666 backers (we're currently at 589) :

There's also a picture with the different size of the minis :

The new version of the universal action table and time path :

And finally the new part of the rules :

Quote:
Combat :

When a combat between two units starts, players must follow the following steps:

- Determination of the initiative : The unit with the highest initiative attacks first, if both units have the same initiative, they both attack at the same time.

- Combat roll : The number of D10 rolled is equal to the sum of the power values of the warriors in contact with the enemy unit’s warrior. Each warrior of the attacking unit that is not in contact with an enemy but in contact with a model of their unit already engaged just gives an additional support D10. The roll needed is read on the Universal table, the action value being the combat value of the attacking unit and the opposition value being the combat value of the enemy unit. Each success on the roll is a hit.

- Injury roll : The active player rolls as many D10s as hits from the combat roll, using the Strength of the unit as action value and the resistance of the enemy unit as opposing value. each success on the roll is an injury.

- Taking losses : The opponent takes off the table the loss in the unit, according to the unit formation rules. then the enemy unit attacks too.

- Determining the winner : The winner of the combat is player with the biggest Advantage value. The Advantage value si calculated as follow : +1 for a charge. +1 is the unit inflicted more injuries than it received. +1 for numeric superiority +1 if the unit has less Stress tokens than the enemy unit. In case of a draw, both unit are victorious. The losing unit must take a morale check, the opposition value being the difference between its Advantage value and the one of the enemy unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.