Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Florian Flumontanus
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey there
So a really short adjustment on Zombies and Skeletn-archers, because they obviously suck:
Both being undead get the special feature of "Undead Army".
Which means: if they're chosen as open group you get two instead of one in the reinforcement of that quest.
I think that fits quiet thematicly, upgrades the unpopular undead and also provides not to break quests (because the effect just works on open groups)
I hope I made my point clear, sorry for the bad english though ^^

So what do you think?

greetz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Zombies appear in too many encounters already. They don't need to be chosen voluntarily.

I had enough of Skeleton Archers in 1st edition, so even if you made them best group in the game I wouldn't choose them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It's true that Zombies suck. I believe this is by design. They are often used in quests as fixed groups with very specific goals in mind. Making them better could throw off that balance.

That said, all this fix appears to try to do is to make them more appealing to choose as an open group. Sure, go for it. The only other thing I'd note is that often, open groups are not reinforced at all, or are reinforced by rules other than "once per turn," so this would not change anything at all, depending on the quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Treskunov
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with Darren.
Even if you can reinforce them, you can't reinforce more than the group limit. So in case only 1 monster was killed during heroes turn this rule just doesn't work.

Moreover I don't think goblin archers should be re-balanced. They are extremely cool for the purpose of carrying something because of speed 5 and the ability to move through heroes. Yes, their HP and attack aren't perfect, but they're numerous, so it's OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Flumontanus
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
It's true that Zombies suck. I believe this is by design. They are often used in quests as fixed groups with very specific goals in mind. Making them better could throw off that balance.

That said, all this fix appears to try to do is to make them more appealing to choose as an open group. Sure, go for it. The only other thing I'd note is that often, open groups are not reinforced at all, or are reinforced by rules other than "once per turn," so this would not change anything at all, depending on the quest.

You nailed it. The whole point of this IS to make them slightly better. I don't want Zombies to be overpowered or so. But as an Overlord, I don't want to exclude them in general, when choosing open groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
flag msg tools
Stats not guaranteed accurate. May be made up entirely.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I would do to make them slightly better is increase their group limits. You could add 1 minion and 1 master to their group limits when they are selected as an open group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.