Lang Jones
United States
Kew Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Fly Eagles Fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please answer my stupid question about this? Why would I assign more than one blocker to an attacker when I can block with just one die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Leclerc
Canada
flag msg tools
To kill the attacker, the blockers dommage is cumulative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kill off multiple blockers to get that many more dice to roll the very next turn? Or 'cos you're forced to (one of the Spider-Man cards). Or you really just want to KO the attacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Jones
United States
Kew Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Fly Eagles Fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses. I really appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it's about controlling/managing the dice movement 'workflow' (the cleverest and most engaging aspect of this game for me). You block an attacker to shield yourself from damage but then either the blocked character will be knocked out themselves if you damage them at or beyond their defence (and therefore go into your opponent's 'roll again next turn') or you just stand in front of them but don't knock them out in which case they go back into the field as they always were.

Of course, it isn't always the case that you will want to knock an enemy character out. Maybe the character attacking you is a low level and you would rather they stayed that way (than risk that they get re-rolled at a higher level and then fielded as such next turn). Maybe your opponent is itching to get the energy they need to field an expensive and high level character and they could do with another character dice to roll next turn (so they want you to knock their character out to give them a bigger hand).

And maybe (just maybe) you take it on the chin, watch an unblocked character (or characters)hit with full force then disappear into the used pile leaving your potential blockers to attack unblocked and win the game.

Love it : )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Or if someone attacks with something whimpy (or I make them via Mr. Fantastic) and I block a sidekick with 3 Beasts, their "When Beast blocks..." abilities will activate even if they don't get knocked out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I usually block with more than one character to trigger multiple "when _____ blocks" abilities. For example:

Beast-Kreature: When Beast blocks, spin the blocked character down 1 level. If it is already level 1, it is knocked out.
* If the blocked character is knocked out by this, gain 2 life.

If you block one level 3 attacker with three level 1 Beasts (level 1 has the "burst"), you can KO their character and gain 2 life.

Beast-Mutate#666: When Beast blocks, draw one die and place it in your prep area.
* Instead draw 2 dice; place one in your prep area and the other in your used pile.

If you block a attacker with three level 1 Beasts (level 1 has the "burst"), you can draw a total of 6 dice and place 3 (hopefully all character dice) into your prep area for your next turn. Note that each ability resolves individually, so you would draw 2, place one in your Used and one in your Prep and repeat 2 more times.

Beast-Big Boy Blue: Beast gets +1A and +1D (until end of turn) when he blocks.
* He gets +2A and +2D instead

If you block with three Beasts, I am sure you will most likely KO whatever the attacker was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1havok12 wrote:
Also I usually block with more than one character to trigger multiple "when _____ blocks" abilities. For example:

Beast-Kreature: When Beast blocks, spin the blocked character down 1 level. If it is already level 1, it is knocked out.

If you block one level 3 attacker with three level 1 Beasts (level 1 has the "burst"), you can KO their character and gain 6 life.

Beast-Mutate#666: When Beast blocks, draw one die and place it in your prep area.
* Instead draw 2 dice; place one in your prep area and the other in your used pile.

If you block a attacker with three level 1 Beasts (level 1 has the "burst"), you can draw a total of 6 dice and place 3 (hopefully all character dice) into your prep area for your next turn. Note that each ability resolves individually, so you would draw 2, place one in your Used and one in your Prep and repeat 2 more times.

If you block with three Beasts, I am sure you will most likely KO whatever the attacker was.

With Kreature you would only gain 2 life not 6, Its the same as your example for mutate 666. They resolve individually so the last one would KO the attacker and you would gain 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
krzykoopa wrote:
1havok12 wrote:

If you block one level 3 attacker with three level 1 Beasts (level 1 has the "burst"), you can KO their character and gain 6 life.

With Kreature you would only gain 2 life not 6, Its the same as your example for mutate 666. They resolve individually so the last one would KO the attacker and you would gain 2

Ah you are correct sir. My bad. I'll edit my post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.