Star Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Who gets my bases when they are destroyed, me or my opponent? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Walker
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I was taught that when a base is destroyed it goes into my discard pile. I'm not sure if I have an older rulebook that has since been corrected or something but it says under the bases section that after a base receives damage equal to its defense that it is destroyed and put into it's owners discard pile. (the online pdf does not say this.) Under attacking it says that after a base is destroyed it goes into my opponents discard pile, but doesn't say who's base this started out as, mine or my opponents.

How do you play? Retaining the bases that you have purchased seems more likely to me, but last night we played a few rounds where after a base that you own is destroyed by your opponent, it goes into that opponents discard pile. It was actually pretty great, it felt like we were fighting each other on a "front" where locations are being constantly taken over by your enemy and put to use by them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that you don't forfeit the base to your opponent. It simply goes in your discard pile to be launched again in a future turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From here: http://starrealms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/StarRealmsR...

"Once destroyed, a base is placed in its owners' discard pile."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the context of "attacking" rules, the opponent is the player receiving the damage, not the player dealing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.