Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you tell the difference between the boards and/or cards from this fan expansion and the 'official' cards/expansions?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Eaton
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you print off the files yourself, then yes, then there will probably be a noticeable difference. If you go through Print n Play Productions, then there is a slight difference. When board games are printed, the image goes directly onto the board. For print-on-demand games, the image is printed on paper and then glued to cardboard. That being said, Print n Play does a very good job, and you won't be embarrassed to put these out on your table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan L
msg tools
mb
The cards and boards from Print and Play look WAY better than I would ever be able to reproduce, and Empires is now the only way we play 7 Wonders.
That being said, in my Empires order from Print and Play, the boards are quite larger than the original 7 Wonders boards, and (as expected) don't have the texture the original boards do- they are smooth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Eaton
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rleisle wrote:
The cards and boards from Print and Play look WAY better than I would ever be able to reproduce, and Empires is now the only way we play 7 Wonders.
That being said, in my Empires order from Print and Play, the boards are quite larger than the original 7 Wonders boards, and (as expected) don't have the texture the original boards do- they are smooth.

They're a different size? That's a bit disconcerting. My print files are correct to the 10th of a centimeter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Both the Empires and Lost Wonders boards I have from Print and Play Productions match the size of the official boards. The texture is smooth instead of linen, but the printing is very good.

My expansions are slightly off in color from the base so the cards blend in even though their color isn't perfect. It's closer than I would be able to get on my own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C O
msg tools
Any update on whether Print N Play will up the cost for the updated version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Eaton
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vandy4 wrote:

I'm guessing it will go up, but I haven't heard for sure. There will be 8 additional cards, a 2nd side to Yerushalayim, and most importantly, 8 1-inch tokens for Yerushalayim B. It was the Aggression tokens that drove the cost up in the first place.

Still, I'm very glad that Print N Play has been so great about this. I think that everyone has benefited from the arrangement. This set would have been around $35-37 dollars by his usual prices, but since so many ordered it as a set, we were able to drop the price. I'm also trying to arrange a deal with him right now where people will be able to order the 24-card set only, for those that have already purchased Version 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BleuVII wrote:
vandy4 wrote:

I'm guessing it will go up, but I haven't heard for sure. There will be 8 additional cards, a 2nd side to Yerushalayim, and most importantly, 8 1-inch tokens for Yerushalayim B. It was the Aggression tokens that drove the cost up in the first place.

Still, I'm very glad that Print N Play has been so great about this. I think that everyone has benefited from the arrangement. This set would have been around $35-37 dollars by his usual prices, but since so many ordered it as a set, we were able to drop the price. I'm also trying to arrange a deal with him right now where people will be able to order the 24-card set only, for those that have already purchased Version 1.

Very much related, I'm looking to pick up this expansion and was wondering if you had an idea of when Version 2 might be available from Print n' Play Productions?

I figure if I'm going to buy it, I might as well wait until the most recent version ... assuming it's not too long a wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Eaton
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 2 will be $35 due to the added components. Print n Play has all of the files, so their website should be updated fairly soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan L
msg tools
mb
I'll have to take a measurement and a picture when I get home, but the print and play are a noticeably different size. In fact, my mother-in-law exclaimed that she loved them because they were easier for her to see!
Here's the only picture that I have on BBG for now: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1918239/rleisle?size=large

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BleuVII wrote:
Version 2 will be $35 due to the added components. Print n Play has all of the files, so their website should be updated fairly soon.

Sounds good. Now we wait (impatiently, in my case) for them to become available for purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan L
msg tools
mb
Sorry this took me so long, but here's a picture of the original wonder boards and the print n play wonder boards.

The Empire boards from print n play measure at 26.2 x 11.5 cm versus the original boards of 25 x 11 cm.
As I said before- I LOVE Empires and we never play without it anymore. This is just to let others know the size differences in the boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan L
msg tools
mb
Looks like it's available at Print and Play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C O
msg tools
Just ordered it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.