Hide
5 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: is a transport "gear"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J B
msg tools
I may have overlooked this somewhere, but I did try to search for it. I may even have asked it already, having a moment here.

We have been treating them as "not gear" as well as allowing multiples on a ship; I have had 3 at once before...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Most of them are Gear, so they should be treated as Gear, meaning that a Crew member needs to be Carrying them for them to count on a Job.

The Skyhook, a Ship Upgrade, is the exception.

There is no limit on number of Transports you can have. If you're doing Crime, it makes sense to have both the Skyhook and 4WD Mule.

Heck, I don't see any reason to think that benefits aren't cumulative, so it might even make sense to have MULTIPLES of the same Transport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
msg tools
Makes sense for game balance. Logically a person would have their personal gear on them or in the "trunk" or something and the transport would be a freebie, but with the expansions, you could (apparently) have both gun upgrades on the space jeep for a total of 6 guns for "free", which is a bit much. I had it with 4 guns and that was when the subject came up again.. having them as free gear is too much with these additions. I think we are going to have to start treating them as gear for sure.

Right, I could see a player with both sky hooks if they came around and crime was their strategy. The skyhook is the most underpriced upgrade in the game and pays for itself in a single round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The flavour of gear-transport is that someone gets stuck as the "wheel man" rather than doing anything useful with their personal gear that's stashed somewhere - the transport gives you a quick getaway when you need it, but that's not going to happen if your designated driver is busy hacking into something rather than ready to drive in and pick you up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
that's not going to happen if your designated driver is busy hacking into something rather than ready to drive in and pick you up...

Yeah, you need a real special person to be able to pull that off... or Jayne?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.