Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking forward to playing this game, but why are there no mules in this game. Mules can carry gear, mining equipment, camping equipment, food, and water. Of course, mules can be stubborn and not move, as well (that would've been a nice touch). There are horses in the game, but don't horses and/or mules have to be fed as well? And what about having to stop at a stream to fill up your canteen at various times? And a bear bringing in only four times as much food as a fish? Simply some thoughts to ponder while traversing the terrain for gold. Please keep in mind that I have taken the lighthearted or whimsical approach here; as I especially like the game design, and really look forward to playing this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that it's just you out there, if you *do* shoot a bear, how much of it are you going to be able to eat before the meat starts to go bad or you get sick of it? You could put it in the stream to keep it cool, but you still have to pack it with you and worry about someone or something else getting to it. It may provide more than 4X the food, but I don't think a prospector is going to worry about the waste.

I put too much thought into this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike, you're exactly right about shooting the bear. Never thought of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.