Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all! I ordered the V2 rulebook from Battlefront but they seem to be out of stock, so no idea when i'll receive it.

In the meantime, how are the new V2 rules for Tactics?
I play lots of DT revised and it's a blast everytime.

Do you absolutely need the new tokensm templates and cards to play the V2?

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
The V2 rulebook isn't out of stock, it just hasn't been released yet, so it's on pre-order. It's supposed to be coming out in June.

You don't really need the tokens--just substitute gaming stones, dice, etc., if you want. I've heard that the rulebook has a template inside that you can cut-out or copy, so you don't have to buy the plastic one, though I will. In fact, you only need the template for the gridless variant (called Battlefield).

In terms of the rules themselves, I hesitate to even go there...

There are a few people here who are very upset about the changes and claim the majority agree with them. I don't know if that's true or not. There was definitely a backlash when the core rules of the revised edition was first released a few months ago. From what I've read here, on Facebook, and on the official Dust forums, that seems to have died down, at least somewhat. I'm reading more and more comments from people now who have started playing the new rules and are really enjoying them (including people who were initially skeptics), so take that as you will.

Personally, I like pretty much most of the changes. I think they're relatively minor, but again, those who are strongly against the new edition will disagree and say they change the game significantly.

In addition, there is a new Kickstarter out that seems to be doing well and bringing a host of new players on board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point about "proxying" the tokens since I already have lots of plastic gaming tokens from FFG (white, red and blue) so that could do it. I would only need the Tactics cards and maybe the dice even though I already have tons of the "old" Tactics dice...I could modify them too or just get generic dice.

Didn't knew it wasn't released yet lol, thanks for the heads up.

I like the revised rules for now, been playing with them since they were released and having a lot of fun with the game and army building...400 points armies on a 4x6 tiles map is awesome!

Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think i'll pass, rebuying everything is too much of a pain and the V1 is wroking wonderfully.

I also have all the Warfare books so if I need something new I have that. I might buy the Warfare unit cards if I start playing it one day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhezuss wrote:
I think i'll pass, rebuying everything is too much of a pain and the V1 is wroking wonderfully.

I also have all the Warfare books so if I need something new I have that. I might buy the Warfare unit cards if I start playing it one day.

Nothing wrong with that. You can always change your mind later if V2 catches you.

I play mostly Warfare myself and can't recommend it enough. The new cards are great--make playing much easier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The v2 rules are available for free as a download. A lot of the unit cards are available too. All the missing cards will be released in the next couple weeks. We played around 20-30 games with the new v2 rules already and found it better then playing V1. There is more movement. The weapon lines all reflect the actual weapons on the miniatures and i think it is an overall improvement.
Tactics rules:
http://www.gf9-dnd.com/Docs/Dust/DTR.pdf
Battlefield rules:
http://www.gf9-dnd.com/Docs/Dust/DTBattlefield.pdf
Special rules:
http://www.gf9-dnd.com/Docs/Dust/DTsr.pdf
the already available cards:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1gk4cjlz7s4b4wc/AACiuTPWs37PqJ77u...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.