Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Leoncavallo
United States
Rockland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer to this is obvious IMO, but I'm going to ask the question anyway (wouldn't be the first time I missed something).

On page 7 of the rule book, discussing Command Cards:

"Each command card also has an activation value. When it is a player's turn to resolve his chosen command card, he must activate a number of his disks equal to the command card's activation value."

My question being, what if you play a card with a command value of 3, but only have 1 or 2 disks remaining that can be activated?

The 'obvious' answer being, in that case, I can only activate two disks (must activate my two remaining disks). So I assume the use of the word 'must' in the wording is so one doesn't hold units back when you do have enough inactivated disks compared to the command points available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
nyys wrote:
The answer to this is obvious IMO, but I'm going to ask the question anyway (wouldn't be the first time I missed something).

On page 7 of the rule book, discussing Command Cards:

"Each command card also has an activation value. When it is a player's turn to resolve his chosen command card, he must activate a number of his disks equal to the command card's activation value."

My question being, what if you play a card with a command value of 3, but only have 1 or 2 disks remaining that can be activated?

The 'obvious' answer being, in that case, I can only activate two disks (must activate my two remaining disks). So I assume the use of the word 'must' in the wording is so one doesn't hold units back when you do have enough inactivated disks compared to the command points available?

Exactly. If you only have 2 units you don't have to use the third activation, not even to reinforce disks. If you have 3 or more you must use all the activations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Cornara
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
https://snipertroll.wordpress.com - https://shiftingmists.wordpress.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right you must use all of your activations only if you have enough disks to activate.

Please also check the rules clarifications (Page 18); regarding Command Cards it reads:

If a player cannot activate disks equal to a command card’s activation number, any unused activations are ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leoncavallo
United States
Rockland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

Argh, hadn't got to the reference section yet. Dove right in once we got to the end of the learning section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.