Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently came into some money that I have free reign of and I'm looking for a game. This has definitely caught my eye, even though I have had no experience with any type of RPG.

I would love to hear from others about why they are backing this game and if it would be worth it to me. I'm debating backing now, or waiting until it gets to retail to decide. Any insight would be great. Thanks for your time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe someone can convince me too. I am thinking of cancelling my pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if I can convince anyone to back (or cancel), because I'm not sure myself. That's why I've been weighing the pros and cons for a while now.
Con
- It's expensive. For a bunch of cards and some tokens, this game seems way more expensive than regular big box games. Not only the game, but even shipping is expensive (at least for those outside the US). I know transporting goods across borders is costly, but there are ways to reduce these costs. But really, if you don't have a bit of extra cash, don't back.
- I'm missing information I would consider a must for most projects. Reviews from well known reviewers and a rulebook are things that help me decide if I should back or not
- It's pretty different from the usual games, so I'm not sure if I will like it. Playing it once would help me decide if I want this or not.

Pro
- It seems like a perfect fit for me. I really like D&D, but preparation alone takes too much time. Games like Descent: Journeys in the Dark and Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game have the combat, but I prefer a bit more roleplaying. This is placed right in the middle.
- I like micro games, lots of game in a small package. This is a micro RPG. It removes all things unnecessary and streamlines the rest. No big books to memorize. Not just one DM who has to know everything. It's easy to explain, easy to setup, easy to play and doesn't take 5 hours to complete.
- This game is not from a big publisher. So even if the kickstarter succeeds, there is no guarantee it will be available through retail. So even if it is expensive, it might be your only chance.

And sometimes it's just because you want to support the designer. I think Anthony is running a great kickstarter. He listens to backers and adjusts the project if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I wish that there was a rulebook as well. A video explanation is nice, but I would just love some clarifications too.

Those are some very good points. I'm definitely impressed with the product, even if I don't back the project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it looks very streamlined, but remain on the fence. There are a boat load of good, quick RPGs in the world now that require zero or near zero set up time. So I'm not sure this is distinct enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This game seems like a great way to easily introduce you and your friends to table top RPGs. The system looks very simple, yet it seems to have the depth of other more established RPG systems. After playing it you might be interested in moving to a more in-depth system such as DnD or Pathfinder.

What I'm really excited about is the fact that this game requires no prep and is a true "pick-up-and-play" RPG. With this game you could actually play an RPG during a random game night and maybe introduce some friends to table top RPGs. This is usually difficult for other RPG systems since you normally need a dedicated group with scheduled session nights, all of which take a lot of planning and preparation.

I'm excited for it and I've already backed it on Kickstarter. My only issue is that it won't be available till December at the earliest, but of course that is like any Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, backing for both the base and expansion. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No way I could justify this price.

I'm still hoping for a post-campaign pnp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamw wrote:
I think it looks very streamlined, but remain on the fence. There are a boat load of good, quick RPGs in the world now that require zero or near zero set up time. So I'm not sure this is distinct enough.

What are some other options with zero or near zero set up? I've only dabbled a little with D&D and my group kind of has that covered (DM, good party, etc...)

I'd be real interested in other genre options that might fit this same niche.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of Fiasco. But there's also Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple (which I haven't played, but looks cool). You could jump over to RPG Geek and look up games by mechanic and find a bunch.

In general, in the last (say) 5 years or more, there's been a trend toward GM-less, quick set up RPGs. That's my impression anyhow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerrett Watts

North Little rock
Arkansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i was going to back. but for the money i could buy descent 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.