Hide
5 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » General

Subject: What happens post Dominion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Taylor
msg tools
Hi all! I know it may be a bit early to be having this discussion but I was just wondering what happens to this game post Dominion? I remember reading somewhere that Dominion was to be the last expansion published by FFG and was wondering if there was any truth to that?

If not, is there a chance that the game could get more expansions or even a big box version that included everything printed thus far? This is all speculation and curiosity but I am sure hoping to see more Cosmic expansions in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG doesn't typically do Big Boxes. They do often release a second edition of a game which incorporates expansions, e.g. Rune Wars and A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition), but in those cases neither game had expansion content on the same scale that CE has.

They also recently put out Blue Moon Legends, which AFAIK collects all of the expansions from the long-out-of-print Blue Moon, but that's a much smaller game than CE.

It doesn't seem likely to me that they'd put out a single box with 170+ aliens, 300ish cards (just a guess off the top of my head), a dozen or so punchboards, and 160 plastic ships. Especially since they seem to have been putting some effort into keeping all of the expansions available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're hoping for further expansions past Cosmic Dominion, then the best way to send that message is by helping CD get sold as well as possible. Talk it up, give the base set + CD as a big gift, or CD itself to someone who already has Cosmic, get people into the hobby in general, etc. I'm positive the design team have ideas, but sales numbers help those ideas become reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Finigan wrote:
Hi all! I know it may be a bit early to be having this discussion but I was just wondering what happens to this game post Dominion?

You play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Raianiemi
msg tools
mb
I can't imagine that "Dominion" would be the last expansion. There's still a lot of aliens out there in the cosmos.

Just saying.

One of the things I'd like to see are blank alien cards, printed with the usual design on the reverse. These would be for unobtrusively placing our own "homebrew" aliens into the mix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.