Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Venezia
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Hi,

I've posted a few times about Bedtime Heroes and finally the Kickstarter page is ready. I don't want to say any more about it, I'd like to see what impressions people have straight from the page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/118018119/381955821

The intro video is a rough cut and will be polished during the week. I'd really appreciate any feedback; the planned launch is a week from today.

Cheers!

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That link 404'd for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imprimis5 wrote:
That link 404'd for me.
Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Venezia
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
That's really odd, I've logged out and tried it on 3 different devices and it works fine for me. I might try emailing the Kickstarter support staff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try putting it thru tinyurl.com and posting that link instead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Venezia
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks, try this:

http://tinyurl.com/q63dass

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just on a quick run-through, without watching the video, I still really hate exclusives. Make them available at conventions or through retail later, but don't hamstring yourself by saying never. This is a polarising opinion, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Venezia
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Hmm ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm very conscious of wanting to offer something special to the Kickstarter backers though, so currently I'm leaning towards keeping the exclusives in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you need to be a bit more clear with the difference between the £15 and £30 pledge. First line should be Europe Backer or Worldwide Backer. It's a bit ambiguous at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also - do you plan to also add a 3x bundle for Europe as well as the Worldwide one? On that subject... £10 for two extra copies of the game including the extra shipping weight seems remarkably cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Venezia
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks Graham! I've changed the wording.

The bundle is mostly for worldwide backers; I'm using Amazon so it's a bit easier to package the games together. £40 was just hitting the margin, you're right I can probably go a bit higher, especially with the extra hassle of shipping to different countries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveVenezia wrote:
Thanks Graham! I've changed the wording.

Now you've typo'd the UK as USA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Venezia
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
No that's correct, I'm getting the game shipped to Amazon distribution centers in the US and UK and anyone living in the US or the EU will get the game without paying for shipping or customs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Vasquez
France
flag msg tools
Hi,
Very cute game !
I love design, really "child univers".
See you on KS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveVenezia wrote:
No that's correct, I'm getting the game shipped to Amazon distribution centers in the US and UK and anyone living in the US or the EU will get the game without paying for shipping or customs

Cunning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Venezia
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
imprimis5 wrote:
Just on a quick run-through, without watching the video, I still really hate exclusives. Make them available at conventions or through retail later, but don't hamstring yourself by saying never. This is a polarising opinion, though.

After receiving similar feedback from others, I've decided to go with your suggestion. It's an interesting topic but for now I'll play it safe and go with the majority!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb

Cute looking game. I like the art, the game seems accessible/friendly, and the chocolate coin is clever.

Random thoughts:

IMO, it's a little pricey (I'm guessing about $30 USD??? I have no idea what the exchange is right now...). Honestly, insofar as a KS is concerned, I'd be looking at $20-25 USD as the sweet spot.

Other than the dice, the stretch goals seem anemic. Offering a couple more cards in a game that no one has yet is sort of like saying you'll give me a few more rainbow sprinkles... even though I've never had rainbow sprinkles before.

I'm not saying should necessarily offer more meaty stretch goals that you haven't playtested, so much as you need to consider how skimpy goals look to a potential backer (especially combined with the pricey buy-in level). Find ways to maybe combine them, or reduce tiers so you can offer more at fewer goal points. Or maybe offer some sort of materials upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MOTHDevil wrote:
IMO, it's a little pricey (I'm guessing about $30 USD??? I have no idea what the exchange is right now...). Honestly, insofar as a KS is concerned, I'd be looking at $20-25 USD as the sweet spot.

I've just done a quick conversion via Google and got £15 = $25.13. For me, £15 doesn't look a bad price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
polyobsessive wrote:
MOTHDevil wrote:

I've just done a quick conversion via Google and got £15 = $25.13. For me, £15 doesn't look a bad price.

$25 seems a bit better. Does KS auto-covert for exchange rates? Is there any way to get it to actually say "£15 = $25.13?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Venezia
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Yeah Kickstarter should show the conversion automatically.

At £15 I don't actually make a profit if I hit my target; in fact I lose about £1500. But I feel it's necessary to offer something special for Kickstarter backers, especially as this is our first board game.

I know what you mean about the stretch goals, I have struggled a bit with ideas, although I think the new dice will look great and I really hope we get enough money to see more Monsters, I really love Hannah's work.

Thanks for the feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveVenezia wrote:
Yeah Kickstarter should show the conversion automatically.

At £15 I don't actually make a profit if I hit my target; in fact I lose about £1500. But I feel it's necessary to offer something special for Kickstarter backers, especially as this is our first board game.

I know what you mean about the stretch goals, I have struggled a bit with ideas, although I think the new dice will look great and I really hope we get enough money to see more Monsters, I really love Hannah's work.

Thanks for the feedback

When are you going live with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Venezia
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
MOTHDevil wrote:

June 3rd (Next Tuesday)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveVenezia wrote:
MOTHDevil wrote:

June 3rd (Next Tuesday)

Good luck.

This hits the sweet spots for me, so if I have some spare funds available, I'll probably pony up for the entry pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Venezia
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
MOTHDevil wrote:
SteveVenezia wrote:
MOTHDevil wrote:

June 3rd (Next Tuesday)

Good luck.

This hits the sweet spots for me, so if I have some spare funds available, I'll probably pony up for the entry pledge.

Great! That's what I like to hear meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zagieboylo
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Good luck!

I liked the "outtake" at the end of the first video.

One thing I didn't like in either video was that it was blurry when you zoomed in on the cards. It's probably too late to replace that bit, but it was a little disconcerting.

The game looks cute. If I had young kids, I'd consider it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.