Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Devin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This game is good like Bang is, but just like Bang the game doesn't work with 3 players. The ninja and ronin just deplete the Shogun of all his honor but 1 and keep him at bay while trying to get a slight edge on each other. The shogun can never win if the other players don't want him to. If the shogun isn't the target, someone else will be in a similar manner. The player who plays the role who can't win has a really boring game and it becomes very formulaic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There shouldn't be a Ronin in a three player game, it's a shogun vs two ninjas with some added bonuses for the shogun. Page 8 of the rules outlines the special rules for a 3 player game.

That being said, I haven't played the game three players, so I can't promise you it will be awesome, but it does appear that it should at least play a lot differently than your first attempt. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pseudacris wrote:
There shouldn't be a Ronin in a three player game, it's a shogun vs two ninjas with some added bonuses for the shogun. Page 8 of the rules outlines the special rules for a 3 player game.

That being said, I haven't played the game three players, so I can't promise you it will be awesome, but it does appear that it should at least play a lot differently than your first attempt. =)

My bad, I guess my friend had decided that is how to play 3 players, either because he didn't bother to look it up properly or decided he didn't like the official rules.

Having now looked at the official rules, I must say it is even worse really. The Shogun should never win unless the ninjas are terrible. The Shogun could get an occasional kill, but I don't see how they could ever keep up with the ninjas, and further, the ninjas will just make sure that neither of them dies by trading back and forth honour as needed. The Shogun will always have far too few cards to do anything and getting double end game points is useless as they will always be the one to lose all of their honour to end the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloof Bloof
msg tools
The shogun's honor points arw doubled, the ninjas have to attack him all the time. The shogun has to try and become harmless as often as possible to have a chance to survive.

It isn't great at 3 players, maybe another way could work better, haven't tried variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.