Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Got snowed in visiting my parents in Buffalo for the holidays so I was able to con my two brothers into playing BtVS. The game got good word-of-mouth on rec.games.board and was being liquidated for $10 at Toys-R-Us so I picked it up (I think it's down to $5 now). Played the 1st scenario (good guys must slay The Master - The Master must slay Buffy). I played The Master. I messed up a rule or two - mostly affecting me (like I missed the part where I draw 2 cards during the New Moon instead of 1. I also let the good guys move over the Hellsreach square). My youngest brother started casuing problems when Oz (I think - I've never watched the show) turned into a wearwolf and killed a few of my minions. I thus made it a point to take him out first when he reverted to human form. My brothers spent a lot of the early game picking up cards (weapons, magic). I was the only one to go for an artifact (I got the ring that allows me to stay outside in the sunlight). Once the combat started the game pretty much turned into a dice fest. I let one of my characters die so I could summon a new character - during the game I tried to summon 3 new characters and only got 1. Eventually Buffy cornered The Master and a dice rolling contest began. One important point is the use of weapons/cards that allow you to slay something before it runs out of hit-points (It takes 20 hits to dust The Master but you can take him out with less than 10 hits + a card + a lucky die roll). Fortunately my brother did not get the lucky die roll and I "eeked" out a win. The only time I see me playing this game again is with newbies who happen to be Buffy fans or if I'm again stranded with my brothers and we want to try the other 3 scenarios in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.