Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are in the Chandler/Gilbert AZ area, what stores are you playing at? Is there a typical day you are at a game store? Which one and when?

I currently live in Cave Creek which is north of Phoenix, but my gaming buddies are in Chandler/Gilbert, so when I am looking to get a game in, I am usually on that side of town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
well, out this way we only have Game Depot and one out in Mesa, on Greenfield, Game Empire???....

Game Depot will have plenty of players...Game Empire could as well, but I as just in there for the first time yesterday and leans heavily on the miniature side of things.

Game Depot in Tempe is where you want to go imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we play at a store, we hit up Empire Games, but so far, my two buddies and I are the only 3 playing. Is there a good sized group at Game Depot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
I live on the Glendale/Peoria border by Arrowhead and play games in Tempe. Who knew so many of us were nomads, traveling across the distance of a New England state to get in our gaming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
1havok12 wrote:
When we play at a store, we hit up Empire Games, but so far, my two buddies and I are the only 3 playing. Is there a good sized group at Game Depot?

I know they have sold a bunch. I've not see anyone else playing on Saturdays when I am at the store. One of my regular gaming friends and I have played a few games and I have taught one of the Magic players. I am sure the Game Depot is considering running the organized play, though I haven't talked to them about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
I am sure the Game Depot is considering running the organized play, though I haven't talked to them about it.

I've hit them up on FB and they say they are going to once product is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
1havok12 wrote:
Bobby4th wrote:
I am sure the Game Depot is considering running the organized play, though I haven't talked to them about it.

I've hit them up on FB and they say they are going to once product is available.

Patty will run a good league.

I won't be playing because I'm more of a casual player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coyote81 aka Token
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I just picked up the starter and I have some boosters as well. I'd be willing to play some games at Empire Games on Fridays when I visit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be able to be there on Fridays. Empire is about a 1 hour drive for me right now. My closest shop would be Crusader's Retreat off of Thunderbird and 40th Street, southwest corner.

My wife and I are looking to move closer to the Chandler/Gilbert area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
1havok12 wrote:

I know they have sold a bunch. I've not see anyone else playing on Saturdays when I am at the store. One of my regular gaming friends and I have played a few games and I have taught one of the Magic players. I am sure the Game Depot is considering running the organized play, though I haven't talked to them about it.

Patty said they are planning to run OP, but WizKids has held back the start - they wanted to get more stock out first.

Having said that, they had a pair of starters at the Game Depot last night, so OP should be coming soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
Patty said they are planning to run OP, but WizKids has held back the start - they wanted to get more stock out first.

Having said that, they had a pair of starters at the Game Depot last night, so OP should be coming soon.

Awesome! Thanks for the update! I am looking forward to participating in the event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coyote81 aka Token
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
While waiting for the OP stuff to come in. Anyone up for casual games to get practice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.