Subject: DEATH 101 - D4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb

The Department of Education and Aptitude Training for Heroes is now accepting applicants! 100% of graduates are placed as village leaders with enhanced skills in routing out evil. You'll soon be heralded throughout the land!

Good Cadets must have two Attributes for admission. We require great diversity here, so you should expect to see:

5 out of 8 Known Attributes

Alignment Seer - Views for Good/Evil - no N0
Alignment Seer - Views for Good/Evil - no N0
Bodyguard - Protect one player each night - May only successfully protect once and is unaware of successful protection
Governor - One time Lynchee change
Priest - Views one dead Cadet each night
Priest - Views one dead Cadet each night
White Hat - Full role reveal upon death
White Hat - Full role reveal upon death

19 of 24 Unknown Attributes

Black Hat - Cannot be Viewed in any way
Black Hat - Cannot be Viewed in any way
Brutal - Retaliates upon death
Charisma - Vote Counts as 2
Tinker - Views as Evil
Tinker - Views as Evil
Tough - Lives through one death
14 x Pure Cadet

Some pairings of attributes are not allowed for enrollment, but you needn't bother with those particulars!

As a small sidenote, in order to obtain FULL diversity we also train one Evil Cadet each semester. Funding matters!

You should expect the Evil Cadet to have:

Nightkill
Full Role Reveal Information
Recruitment - Picks one Cadet N1 to become Max Evil.

As well as:

4/7 Total Attributes

Known Attributes
Black Hat - Cannot be Viewed by Seer or Priest
Governor - One time Lynchee change
Role Seer - Learns full Role information of a Cadet each Night - no N0

Unknown Attributes
Curse - At dawn on D2, one Pure Cadet Attribute becomes unaware Cursed (converts to Max upon nightkill.)

This unique training opportunity only requires Cadets to eliminate the opposing alignment!

Good VC: Eliminate all Evils
Evil VC: Reach parity with Goods

No role reveal upon death. Only Priests and Evil will receive role information.
Adjusted lynch tallies will not be provided.
Dusk: 5:00 pm
No posting: 5:45 pm
Dawn: 6:00 pm

Game starts here.

Disclaimer: The Department of Education and Aptitude Training for Heroes is not responsible for any death, maiming or dismemberment of Cadets. Consult with your doctor, clergyman, psychotherapist and tarot card reader prior to enrollment. Cadets will be largely unsupervised and prone to violent shifts in balance. In the event of an emergency, please proceed to the nearest exit and ensure no one leaves before reaching their victory condition. Crying, yelling and screaming for mothers is heavily frowned upon. Dining facility food may cause constipation, vomiting, infertility and extreme hallucinations. It is recommended you bring a signature stamp for the required D1 paperwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: (0/13) Special Training Opportunity - Don't Miss Out!
Player List According to Cassandra:
Alphamage
baub64
Benesephiir
Irina_Phoenix
kendahlj
Livia
maytheodds
nolemonplease
redshark92
Rhanddom
SamNzed
theknightofcups
Vanderscamp

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1178...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Looks like Texas Hold-Em Werewolf with a s(*& load more possibilities ..?
Also, 1 vs 12?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Also, +1 for your disclaimer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Also, 1 vs 12?
D1 only. Recruits on N1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Also, 1 vs 12?
Yeah, with a slice of the Vampire game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Phelanpt wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
Also, 1 vs 12?
D1 only. Recruits on N1.
2 vs 11 isn't exactly that awesome either. Guess if they have more attributes than the goodies ... but it still feels off. Unless I'm missing something?
(entirely possible)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
Also, 1 vs 12?
D1 only. Recruits on N1.
2 vs 11 isn't exactly that awesome either. Guess if they have more attributes than the goodies ... but it still feels off. Unless I'm missing something?
(entirely possible)
I appreciate the commentary because I'm still flexing ideas. The idea stemmed from wanting one powerful evil against everyone.

There could be a cursed conversion, evil governor and two tinkers, which seems strong. Averages says those probably don't all land together, but having some of them land and the potential FUD from the ones that don't adds a bit to evil's strength.

I'm still mulling things over and looking through how Texas WW and Vampire game balance plays out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
zd00 wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
Also, 1 vs 12?
D1 only. Recruits on N1.
(entirely possible)
I appreciate the commentary because I'm still flexing ideas. The idea stemmed from wanting one powerful evil against everyone.

There could be a cursed conversion, evil governor and two tinkers, which seems strong. Averages says those probably don't all land together, but having some of them land and the potential FUD from the ones that don't adds a bit to evil's strength.

I'm still mulling things over and looking through how Texas WW and Vampire game balance plays out.
That's kind of like a 'best possible', though. It's entirely possible that the tinkers never get viewed. Or they get randomly converted. And when you've got toughs and brutals on team good?

I'm not saying that the game is unplayable at 2/11, I'm just saying that it's going to be a fight. And it might take moderator tweaking when the initial randoms are set out to make sure that the game is more balanced.
... heresy in some points of view, I know. But do you want pure random fun, or do you want a balanced game? Shrug.

Oh. If you want suggestions, my first would be to introduce the possessed attribute - a team good player that actively counts as max evil. Also, I would suggest that Team Good players have a known attribute and an unknown attribute. There a number of Team Good attributes that could easily be hidden.
Also ... bodyguard ... onetime unaware protect? If you want an unaware bodyguard, you should spell out how that works prior to game start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
Also, 1 vs 12?
D1 only. Recruits on N1.
(entirely possible)
I think folks mentioned the 11p Vampire Game being stronger for good, but evil usually wins. There's more specials here on both sides and some extra FUD, so 13 seemed a good place to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
linguistfromhell wrote:
zd00 wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
Also, 1 vs 12?
D1 only. Recruits on N1.
(entirely possible)

That's kind of like a 'best possible', though. It's entirely possible that the tinkers never get viewed. Or they get randomly converted. And when you've got toughs and brutals on team good?

I'm not saying that the game is unplayable at 2/11, I'm just saying that it's going to be a fight. And it might take moderator tweaking when the initial randoms are set out to make sure that the game is more balanced.
... heresy in some points of view, I know. But do you want pure random fun, or do you want a balanced game? Shrug.

Oh. If you want suggestions, my first would be to introduce the possessed attribute - a team good player that actively counts as max evil. Also, I would suggest that Team Good players have a known attribute and an unknown attribute. There a number of Team Good attributes that could easily be hidden.
Also ... bodyguard ... onetime unaware protect? If you want an unaware bodyguard, you should spell out how that works prior to game start.
Yeah, I'm not looking at best-case either side, I'm assuming an average of some significant perks considering 4/7 evil attributes are used and there's a lot of wiggle room from good's variability. If the main max is viewed, they could still suggest tinker and see where it gets them. or suggest the view is an evil seer. The toughs, brutals and governors have pros and cons for evil imo because it gives them a space to live.

Most if not all goods should have an unaware attribute (or two) based on the variables listed. There are 5 known attributes in 12 players.

Unaware protect was supposed to mean that they aren't aware of successful protect. I'll clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Bodyguard protect is largely meant as the counterpart FUD for cursed recruit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Oh. Now I get why you said known and unknown. I didn't equate that to hidden. My bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
zd00 wrote:
Unaware protect was supposed to mean that they aren't aware of successful protect. I'll clarify.
o.O Isn't this standard?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
zd00 wrote:
or suggest the view is an evil seer.
And this reminded me. One of the "out of favor" seer variants is an insane seer. Every result is reverse. View for Evil, but if you see Evil, you are told Good. That kind of thing. (It's in the Wiki.)
You could make one of the Seers insane ..? Call him stressed out by his schoolwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
linguistfromhell wrote:
zd00 wrote:
or suggest the view is an evil seer.
And this reminded me. One of the "out of favor" seer variants is an insane seer. Every result is reverse. View for Evil, but if you see Evil, you are told Good. That kind of thing. (It's in the Wiki.)
You could make one of the Seers insane ..? Call him stressed out by his schoolwork.
Oo. I do like that. I'm familiar with it from village of seers, but hadn't thought of applying it in this context.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, zd, Texas roles, from my understanding of it(I ran one), you random a few sets, then pick the most balanced ones, and random between those.
At least, that's how I did it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Phelanpt wrote:
Btw, zd, Texas roles, from my understanding of it(I ran one), you random a few sets, then pick the most balanced ones, and random between those.
At least, that's how I did it.
Thanks - I dig it. I have a divining rod Goo gave me which helps with such activities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: (2/13) DEATH 101 - Don't Miss Out!
Sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
Re: (2/13) DEATH 101 - Don't Miss Out!
I just signed up for remedial DEATH on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: (4/13) DEATH 101 - Don't Miss Out!
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Death 101.
I'd always thought that one of my classmates was evil, it's nice to be told from the get-go that one of them definitely is.
How exciting! I hope I can qualify for extra credit!"

*Fills out form*

"There!"

*Drops form through application slot*

"Ooh, I can't wait to see what abilities are revealed through my aptitude test! Maybe I've got super death sight! I never really thought to check. Not a lot of dead people in my little village."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
I see several people here I'm looking forward to being classmates with...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Re: (8/13) DEATH 101 - Enroll Quickly!
Lemonade Stand filled hellla quickly. I'm flexible with lynch time, so let me know if there's consensus at a different time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [79] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.