Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Sellswords» Forums » General

Subject: PnP missing Tile 16 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Dennis
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I'm losing my mind (which is possible) the PnP Version of this is missing Tile 16 ..

Anyway, I printed this up and started to play it a bit .. still figuring it out, but would love to hear from others as they try it out!
1 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan on pre-ordering it, I was always a big fan of Tetra Master from the Final Fantasy games, so this was a dream come true.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Le Blanc
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see someone else caught this; definitely also thought I was losing it. I imagine it'll be a promo with the official set or part of an expansion.

So far I find the potential strategy intriguing, but my wife finds the level of planning involved slightly overwhelming (similar to the much related Pixel Tactics).

We were drawn to the game due to its similarity to Triple Triad (also FF), and excited for another competitive tile placement game suitable for 2 players (akin to The Stars are Right).

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! The missing number 16 tile (Conjuror) was a mistake that we have now corrected. If you have already downloaded it you should just be able re-download the file to fix the problem. If there are any issues please email us at service@lvl99games.com or post on the forums here. Thanks to Nathan for pointing out the issue!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Kamarga
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the heads up Nathan and thanks Josh for correcting that

misanthroptk wrote:

We were drawn to the game due to its similarity to Triple Triad (also FF), and excited for another competitive tile placement game suitable for 2 players (akin to The Stars are Right).


Yip, Triple Triad is what inspired this game. I loved that mini game and wanted to give my own twist to its mechanics, which I hope many people will enjoy.

The Stars Are Right looks pretty good! Too bad I'm not a Cthulhu fan, but the game itself looks interesting though. Might see if I can pick it up.

Thanks guys,

~Cliff
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Borlini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The file seems to be broken. I did download it on two different PCs, but it doesn't open cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Dennis
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here .. I'm getting a corrupted file error on the PDF
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a zip
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J G
msg tools
I just bought the pnp and it downloads as a PDF. But when I try to open it, I get an invalid file message. Has anyone heard back from Level 99 about this issue?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SaintSlayer wrote:
I just bought the pnp and it downloads as a PDF. But when I try to open it, I get an invalid file message. Has anyone heard back from Level 99 about this issue?


Its has the PDF extension, but its a zip file. Change the extension and its done.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J G
msg tools
I changed the extension and it worked, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ckamarga wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the heads up Nathan and thanks Josh for correcting that

misanthroptk wrote:

We were drawn to the game due to its similarity to Triple Triad (also FF), and excited for another competitive tile placement game suitable for 2 players (akin to The Stars are Right).


Yip, Triple Triad is what inspired this game. I loved that mini game and wanted to give my own twist to its mechanics, which I hope many people will enjoy.

The Stars Are Right looks pretty good! Too bad I'm not a Cthulhu fan, but the game itself looks interesting though. Might see if I can pick it up.

Thanks guys,

~Cliff


Hi Cliff, are you the designer for this game? Because I have also noted you are Australian. How did you get to design a game for Lvl99?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, New Zealand sorry. But still very interested!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Kamarga
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
Rook96 wrote:
ckamarga wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the heads up Nathan and thanks Josh for correcting that

misanthroptk wrote:

We were drawn to the game due to its similarity to Triple Triad (also FF), and excited for another competitive tile placement game suitable for 2 players (akin to The Stars are Right).


Yip, Triple Triad is what inspired this game. I loved that mini game and wanted to give my own twist to its mechanics, which I hope many people will enjoy.

The Stars Are Right looks pretty good! Too bad I'm not a Cthulhu fan, but the game itself looks interesting though. Might see if I can pick it up.

Thanks guys,

~Cliff


Hi Cliff, are you the designer for this game? Because I have also noted you are Australian. How did you get to design a game for Lvl99?


Hi Aaron,

Yes I'm the designer for Sellswords

Basically, after I had finished the game (designing, playtesting and creating the components and rulebook), I contacted Level 99 Games with a summary of the finished game as well as a sales sheet.

If you have more questions, just send me a PM

~Cliff
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
a triple triad inspired game? I'm sold
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.