Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Hollywood» Forums » General

Subject: Is this game any different from Reiner Knizia's Hollywood Blockbuster? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Imran
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like the same game as Dream Factory (aka Hollywood Blockbuster or Traumfabrik). Can anyone confirm or tell me what's different?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it is very different. The theme is same but gameplay of Hollywood is nothing like Dream Factory. Main mechanic of Hollywood is card drafting, auctions work in a different way compared to Dream Factory.

Dale Yu from The Opinionated Gamers had same concerns about possible similarity of Dream Factory and Hollywood but dismissed them right away after playing the game.

Here is his review: http://opinionatedgamers.com/2014/05/20/dale-yu-review-of-ho...

Please note that Dale says that he did like the game but the lack of "Worthless Directors" kept him from upgrading his “liked” opinion about Hollywood to “loved”.

Second Unit Directors are already in the game (unlocked as a stretch goal) - they do the "Worthless Directors'" job and fix the potential bad luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jeff Burton
United States
Juno Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter stretch cards (which I got at the GEEK MARKET) has Second Unit Directors whose play is similar to worthless scripts (anyone can draft them without a card draw).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jeff Burton
United States
Juno Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a great Knizia fan. Dream Factory and Hollywood are very different. Dream Hollywood gets a higher BGG rating (7.1 vs. 6.5) and a slightly greater degree of difficulty (2.12 vs. 1.91). That being said, I prefer Hollywood when using the caricature cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.