Ruk Trumata
msg tools
Hiya! New to the forum.

My name is Ruk Trumata and I'm currently looking for freelance opportunities. I've attached some of my sample work and for a full list of my other stuff, my portfolio can be found here http://rkt.carbonmade.com/projects/4261111

I took on hiatus after completing most of my projects here, but I'm back and I'm looking to fill it up with more recent commissions and personal pieces with a website I'm setting up soon. There's not much but I'm thankful to have had prior experience in the industry in working with AEG and Privateer Press.

If interested, please contact me at rktrumata@gmail.com

Thanks for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really great stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Devine
Australia
Lara
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Your artwork is gorgeous, I sincerely hope we see it in use in a game as soon as possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Clarke
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Brown
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
I think some of your characters are very interesting. Bookmarked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruk Trumata
msg tools
Hello!

Thank you all for dropping by my thread.

I'm overdue for an update. I've finally got everything together on my website - www.ruktrumata.com

My schedule is currently open and I'm available for freelance work if anyone should be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Sorenson
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hello Ruk,I've just sent you an e-mail with some questions. Your work would work perfectly for the cover art of my space civilization game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Sorenson
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hello all, I have been working with Ruk over the past month for the cover art of my space civilization game, Star Genesis. Here is the final product:

Ruk was courteous, professional, and very responsive to my requests throughout the entire process.

Multiple progress sketches were provided early on, which allowed me to see various directions that the piece could go. This is very valuable in the communication process to ensure Ruk and I were on the same page every step of the way.

If you're on the fence about commissioning a piece and Ruk's professional art style is what you're for, I encourage you to make that jump!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotzur-Yang
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I worked on Ruk with Ragnaroll, and was really happy with the quality of his work. He really nailed the brief and was flexible in providing the types of files I'd need to create promotional work. I've had a lot of compliments about how fantastic the art is, and would definitely recommend him for you next project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruk Trumata
msg tools
Thank you guys for dropping by!

Sharing with you the characters I did for Ragnaroll -

Hilda Shieldmother

Bjorn Diehard

Freya the Red

Od the Unwise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stiers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
For the last two years, Ruk has worked with us on art for our current game Wrathborne Champions (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/175327/wrathborne-champi...), and he has been absolutely wonderful to work with.

He is responsive, engaged, and (as you can see from so much of the work already posted) an amazing artist. Time and time again, his work draws people to the games table like moths to a flame. I have literally had multiple people tell me, "your game could be garbage, but I would still buy it based on the art alone." I'm not sure if there could be a bolder recommendation than that.

I will also add that he is very easy to work with, both as in individual and as a professional. Our game requires the art to be very specific, with certain things drawn in very particular locations on very large pieces (check out the BGG page for some examples), not only was Ruk wonderful at fitting the art into these restrictions, he was also very receptive to changes and alterations in order to make everything "just right".

But enough of my wall of text. If you want some amazing examples of his work, check out this video we made to promote the artwork he made for our game. It shows "sketch to final" on almost all of the art he has done for us.

If you are looking for an amazing artist who will treat your project with the same level of respect that you do yourself, you need to email Ruk. Seriously. Thank me for it later.

Ben Stiers
CEO Randover Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.