Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guido Moyano Loyola
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was sure that I saw this question, but couldn't find it.

After a few games where I got some rules wrong, I play a game where I think that we fixed most of the mistakes (probably we are still messing around with the number of diagonals that you can use when move, shoot, LOS, etc).

My main question is: how many napalm/ghin grenades the commandos have? The stock is infinite? I am thinking on banning them for the first introductory mission (at least napalm) since they shut down hard the path of clones (or maybe it was just my mistake on how I located the vents).

Do you remove the kit card of the team leader that allows him to remove one faulty intel in the first mission? I was thinking on ban that too just ot rise the level of difficulty for the first mission too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Torell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Android:Netrunner videos: http://www.peachhack.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grenades have no limit, so yes, they are infinite.

They are strong, yes, but I think banning could be a mistake. As the overseer, you just have to play around them, use more warrior clones to shoot over blocked passageways, and sometimes just take a gamble that the clone will survive walking through it (there's a 1 in 3 chance he'll live!).

I also think the Partial Facility Map should not be banned, either. It can be used to block corrosive gas and ambushes, too (any trap card) and in my opinion, using it to block a faulty intel, especially on the first mission, is a waste. If I were the team leader on the first mission, I would use Partial Facility Map to block a Corrosive Gas or Ambush instead of Faulty Intel. So if they are using it to block Faulty Intel, consider that a win in the overseer's book. Also, remember that by taking partial Facility Map, they are not taking something else...by taking a 1-cost card, it means they have to take another 1-cost card along side it, instead of trading those two 1-cost cards for a more powerful 2-cost card. And all that gets the Team Leader is a 1-time use card that he has to discard later.

You can do whatever you want to raise the difficulty, but I personally tend toward sticking with the original rules to keep things consistent, and overcoming commando ingenuity with cunning overseer strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maros Miscik
Slovakia
flag msg tools
Sure the amount of grenades is unlimited, however only 1 of the same type may be used in one turn. They seem pretty strong but as the missions go by and stronger enemies appear they lose their effectivity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.