Subject: Expansions kickstarter links rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it already possible to see the new expansions page on Kickstarter?

Which is the link?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decay
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter is starting on wednesday at 2:00 pm CEST.

Link to countdown page:
http://www.galaxy-defenders.com/index_ks.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Kickstarter page will be visible only when the pledging starts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I don't think the KS will go online until 14:00 CET (that is: 2 pm in Europe today). Good luck getting one of the Early Birds!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DomHiob wrote:
Good luck getting one of the Early Birds!

Oh it is on! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last thing I know there are about 50% early bird spots compared to total backers of the last campaign. So you can probably relax there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Split up over multiple pledge levels.

For "Moon", the most interesting pledge level for returning backers, you are looking at about 150-200 Early Bird slots split up over two levels (more might open up) and a price difference of $76 (in words: seventysix dollars) between the lowest early bird and the "normal" pledge level.

Personally I do not find that relaxing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhm... two hours to go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually more like 1 hour 42 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Ben: You got me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it live yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/galaxy-defen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Holy shit the Moon levels absolutely VANISHED.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:
@ Ben: You got me.

Got one!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/galaxy-defen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funded in less than 3 minutes and all $179 EB Moon levels gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
aannnndddddd there is the first stretch goal 8 minutes after launch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I hit the original moon level, put in my password, it said I was a backer, and then the main page had nothing selected for me. I got moon 2 though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a Moon level at $190!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
mae68it wrote:
I got a Moon level at $190!!!

Soon you will get the first kickstarter too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
trmptdrummer wrote:
aannnndddddd there is the first stretch goal 8 minutes after launch.

aannnnnnnnddddd the second not far behind it...

This will break $1,000,000?

aannnnddddd the second stretch goal has been hit in under 30 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

The KS started at 5AM my time. My wife's alarm went off at 4:57 or so (she works really early today) and woke me. I figured, long as I'm awake, I may as well try for one of the Early Bird slots.

Popped open the computer at 5:00AM. Navigated to KS and searched for the project; got to the project page about 5:02. There were 96/100 slots available. Clicked it; on the confirmation page there were 73/100 slots available. Clicked through to Amazon. When I got back, it was 5:03AM and the whole thing was sold out. surprise

Wish they'd chosen an early bird discount that was less steeply discounted but ran for a limited time (first 24 hours or something). This setup wasn't fair to anyone who didn't luck out in the first few minutes of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

The KS started at 5AM my time. My wife's alarm went off at 4:57 or so (she works really early today) and woke me. I figured, long as I'm awake, I may as well try for one of the Early Bird slots.

Popped open the computer at 5:00AM. Navigated to KS and searched for the project; got to the project page about 5:02. There were 96/100 slots available. Clicked it; on the confirmation page there were 73/100 slots available. Clicked through to Amazon. When I got back, it was 5:03AM and the whole thing was sold out. surprise

Wish they'd chosen an early bird discount that was less steeply discounted but ran for a limited time (first 24 hours or something). This setup wasn't fair to anyone who didn't luck out in the first few minutes of the campaign.

Something being 'fair' and something being 'ideal' are two different issues. I'm not saying that something can't be both, but, in the case of the EB, it was not ideal for those that didn't luck out (like me), but it was perfectly fair as I did know when the project was going to launch and how I would be able to go about grabbing an EB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
Something being 'fair' and something being 'ideal' are two different issues. I'm not saying that something can't be both, but, in the case of the EB, it was not ideal for those that didn't luck out (like me), but it was perfectly fair as I did know when the project was going to launch and how I would be able to go about grabbing an EB.

The fairness for me comes down to the fact that the initial EB slots were such a drastic discount, and were effectively little more than a lottery. There's a huge amount of variables that are completely out of the control of the people trying to buy (speed of connection, latency to the KS site and Amazon, etc.), so the fact that I managed to score a slot has very little to do with my willingness to be there at the start of the campaign and everything to do with the fact that for whatever reason my request made it through to Kickstarter faster than other folks'. I'm not an early bird; I'm just lucky.

Which isn't to say that I'm not grateful that I was able to snag a slot; I just don't like how Ares set the whole thing up (plus they had to have known it was a likely area of contention; they solicited feedback from previous backers on this campaign and the comments were full of negativity for the Moon EB slots). On the plus side, it's nice to see that they've extended the $190 pledge level so much instead of just ramping straight up to full price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

if you dont win the 'lottery', be glad for the people who did and back the KS at the level you can afford.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Hero_guy wrote:

The fairness for me comes down to the fact that the initial EB slots were such a drastic discount, and were effectively little more than a lottery. There's a huge amount of variables that are completely out of the control of the people trying to buy (speed of connection, latency to the KS site and Amazon, etc.), so the fact that I managed to score a slot has very little to do with my willingness to be there at the start of the campaign and everything to do with the fact that for whatever reason my request made it through to Kickstarter faster than other folks'. I'm not an early bird; I'm just lucky.

Which isn't to say that I'm not grateful that I was able to snag a slot; I just don't like how Ares set the whole thing up (plus they had to have known it was a likely area of contention; they solicited feedback from previous backers on this campaign and the comments were full of negativity for the Moon EB slots). On the plus side, it's nice to see that they've extended the $190 pledge level so much instead of just ramping straight up to full price.

That's just it though, something being fair means it applies to everyone equally. The slots were there for the taking. And anyone could take it. So it was fair. Everyhing else you mentioned, connection speed, and whatnot is all about it being ideal. Everyone had a fair shot at the EB's. Not everyone had an ideal chance to grab them.

The price difference between EB1 and the 'regular' price of the product has nothing to do with fairness. Or rather, it is all completely fair. The first X people who manage to get their pledge processed get Discount Y. Everyone else will have no discount. In this case, "the first X people" and "everyone else" come from the same main group with no restrictions that set in place, by the vendor, to disallow any particular member of the main group from ending up in either of the other groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.