Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Karasek
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had an interesting situation pop up last night and would like to get some input on the correct way to deal with it.

So Player A played the Air Elemental power card which turns all other players energy tokens into air energy. Now player D already had a full supply of air tokens (10 with Bespelled Grimoire), and there were only 5 Air tokens left to swap out player B and player C's tokens, which was not nearly enough to swap all of both players. After some debate we split it evenly (3 and 2) but was wondering if this was correct?

There was some talk of using substitute pieces to count as extra air tokens but I didn't think that was correct. Also the person who had to swap 3 instead of 2 did so because they had more tokens, I found this fair enough but there was no rule behind it. Maybe it should have gone in turn order?

Any comments would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong, but I thought the tokens were limited so if you need air tokens and there are none, then you wouldn't substitute for them.
Going in turn order would make sense.

Hopefully someone comes along with an official answer for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, tokens are not limited. Check this out: Limited supply of energy tokens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, when playing with 3-4 players and using Air Elemental, tokens might be not enough. Expansions help with this a little adding some more, but still, if you lack some, just replace them with something else - it will be temporarily anyway. Energy is not limited resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Karasek
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Energy is not limited resource.

Thanks, I couldn't find anything in the rules that stated either way regarding this. It seems the majority of people believe that it shouldn't be limited so I will play it that way from now on. Might just buy the expansion stop it from happening again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.