Subject: Must have expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ha. Voc
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello there

I'm just getting into Netrunner and wondered if any of the expansion packs are more "must have" than others?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deluxe expansions greatly improve your options if you're interested in the factions that are included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Havocbrighton wrote:
Hello there

I'm just getting into Netrunner and wondered if any of the expansion packs are more "must have" than others?

Thank you!

What Lies Ahead and Opening Moves generally float to the top of people's recommendation list. Here's handy how-to guide: A Beginner's Guide To Expanding Netrunner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur that getting Creation & Control and Honor & Profit would probably be the best start.

After that, cherry pick specific cards that your decks need, until you have them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ha. Voc
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Duncan
United Kingdom
Ellon
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth noting that not only are the deluxe expansions pretty spiffing and swell, they're also very cost effective. Certainly in the UK they cost about the same as two data packs, but give almost as many cards as three data packs.

Aside from those, as already mentioned, What Lies Ahead and Opening Moves are probably the top choices since they contain a high number of game defining cards, including extra agendas which are key for a new player. I'd argue that those packs are probably more important than the deluxe boxes, unless you're really only wanting to dig into one or two factions (cost efficiency be damned).

After that I believe that Humanity's Shadow and Double Time are the most important since they have hugely important neutral cards (as well as really powerful in-faction cards). Humanity's Shadow has Kati Jones for the runner and Double Time has Quandry and NAPD Contract for the corp. If you're wanting to build a variety of decks then those cards could go in almost any of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar question just a couple days ago. Unfortunately the forum here moves so quick its already buried a bunch of pages down!

Core set good to go? (Casual play)

Admittedly my question was for casual play, but the responses there may be of interest to you.

Cheers and welcome to BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
PoznaƄ
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Genesis Expansion, Creation & Control, Spin Expansion and Honor & Profit - get these four and you should be good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Genesis Expansion, Creation & Control, Spin Expansion and Honor & Profit - get these four and you should be good to go.

Just those four? Seems kinda limiting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ha. Voc
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cynchwyrm wrote:
rattkin wrote:

Just those four? Seems kinda limiting...

hehe. i do get the impression that, eventually... all of them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.