Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomasz Dobosz
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the game, but still I have some issues with the rules.

1. Requisition phase: credits are given based on the cards in hand. I do not have to recycle cards to "spend" credits?
2. Requisition phase: I can buy as many cards from the sector as I can afford? Or am I limited to only top three from three station decks? If I buy first card from first deck, I can immediately buy second one from this deck?
3. Station Scrap pile: After game setup, the remaining Station cards, that were not dealt to Station decks in sectors become Station Scrap pile? Then during the game, scrapped station cards go at the top of that pile? And then, when I need to replenish station deck in the sector, I have to shuffle all cards in this pile, to deal new five cards?

Tomek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Nope, no need to play them to get the value of the credits on the card, If you do play them to get an effect on the card (e.g. a card that you can play during the requisition phase to get even more credits), you still get the credits the card generates from the value.
2. You can buy any of the cards showing, which means the second card in the stack is available if someone buys the top card.
3. Scrapped station cards go to the bottom of the Station Scrap pile, you draw the 5 cards to replace piles from the top of the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Dobosz
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

One more thing. Players decks are kept face up. So players can see what is the next card to draw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gambit_GGK wrote:
Thank you.

One more thing. Players decks are kept face up. So players can see what is the next card to draw?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambit_GGK wrote:

That is correct!

EDIT: Ooooh! Ninja'd by Foote!

Strong work, Foote and Matchstickman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Didn't mean to steal your thunder! I'm just excited for more GSF talk once folks start getting whooped on haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rodney
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know when they will post the rule book on the website? Jason asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Isenhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Following up on question #1, I don't have the rulebook with me, but when I read it last night it felt like there was a strange discrepancy between the rules for the requisition phase and the example they gave. The rule given was that your credit total was set at the beginning of the requisition phase, and even if your cards changed it wouldn't change the total # of credits available. The example then had the player at some value of credits, then they played a card, and now had different credits - +50, -20 for the loss of the card (if I remember right.)

Did I totally misunderstand the rule, or was there some detail on the specific card that I didn't get? I can post the specific text when I can, but I won't be near the game for almost 12 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ShawnI wrote:
Following up on question #1, I don't have the rulebook with me, but when I read it last night it felt like there was a strange discrepancy between the rules for the requisition phase and the example they gave. The rule given was that your credit total was set at the beginning of the requisition phase, and even if your cards changed it wouldn't change the total # of credits available. The example then had the player at some value of credits, then they played a card, and now had different credits - +50, -20 for the loss of the card (if I remember right.)

Did I totally misunderstand the rule, or was there some detail on the specific card that I didn't get? I can post the specific text when I can, but I won't be near the game for almost 12 hours.

I dont have the rulebook in front of me to reference the example your talking about, but I think you misunderstood something. Are you sure they "played" the card and didn't "buy" it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Isenhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigfoote wrote:
I dont have the rulebook in front of me to reference the example your talking about, but I think you misunderstood something. Are you sure they "played" the card and didn't "buy" it?

Maybe - but then I'd be just as confused, since I thought when you bought cards they went to the bottom of your deck. In this case, the amount of credits available went UP, not down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From my response to the same question on the >G forums:

Phases are divided into sub-events. Players may play cards inbetween these events.

During [R], the first event is "Icon Activation" (like it is for every phase). After Icon Activation, players may play cards before the next event, which is the "Gain Credits" event.

Even the Odds was played in between the Icon event and the Gain Credit event. Whatever is in your hand at the start of the Credit event is your total, not nessesarily the start of the entire phase itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Isenhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigfoote wrote:
From my response to the same question on the >G forums:

Phases are divided into sub-events. Players may play cards inbetween these events.

During [R], the first event is "Icon Activation" (like it is for every phase). After Icon Activation, players may play cards before the next event, which is the "Gain Credits" event.

Even the Odds was played in between the Icon event and the Gain Credit event. Whatever is in your hand at the start of the Credit event is your total, not nessesarily the start of the entire phase itself.

Ah! That makes sense - so what the example was identifying was that there was time to do things before the start of the sub-event in the phase, and that it was set at the time of the sub-event, not at the start of the phase.

Thanks! I just got the game in the mail yesterday, and after unpacking it I'm looking forward to having it hit the table. I'll need to be an expert by then, though, since my job is to be the one who knows the rules so I can teach everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.