Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Segers
Belgium
Brecht
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually, we do.

On the internet the general consensus seems to be that the scum-faction is the weakest. I can't say I agree on this.

I've been playing casually with a friend for some time now, and while I don't think we're tournament-level players, we're not too bad either. So far I've built 2 scum decks, mainly based on theme.

The first one has all the main bounty hunters: Boba Fett, Dengar, Bossk, Zuckus and some Z95's thrown into the mix. The second one is based on Jabba and other tatooine cards.

Both decks play about the same. Get the force, keep it for the rest of the game, capture troubling units, put tactics on everyone else. They're absolutely horrible to play against because they're really very easy to play (you don't have to DO anything, just sit there and focus/capture everyone!) and extremely irritating. And I keep winning with them...

So this is just my experience, based on some 30 games in total. They may very well not be tournament-ready, but for casual play? They rock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rocketman wrote:
They may very well not be tournament-ready, but for casual play? They rock!

Over the last month of Regional season Scum decks have been winning a bunch of the tournaments. Scum may drop off slightly again now with the restriction ruling on Dash/Freeholders but I don't think anyone can claim Scum is not tournament-ready anymore. So keep rocking those green cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm relatively new to the Star Wars LCG I've been toying around with trying to come up with the Scum deck that I like best. It seems that other decks pretty much make themselves and are obvious builds, but with S&V, I just can't decide!

Currently, I'm trying:

2x Jabba's Orders (can't say no to Weequay Elite)
2X Jabba's Reach (love the objective and Jabba)
2x Feeding the Pit (need that 2 resource and the Krayt Dragon punch)
2x Hive of Sum and Villainy (more ways to capture but otherwise so-so)
2x Tattooine Crash (love the Jawas and free capture for cheap Weequay)

My thinking is to get out tons of cheap units and build board presence while capturing and focusing down their best units. I've love to experiment with the Jundland Wastes someday.

Previous to this build, I tried Carbonite Transport and Hunt for Han Solo because of the vehicle synergy, but I miss the cheap units. I really want to love Zuckuss but can't commit to him yet.

Please submit your deck lists! I'd love to try out different combinations that you think work best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Segers
Belgium
Brecht
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Driver 8 wrote:

Currently, I'm trying:

2x Jabba's Orders (can't say no to Weequay Elite)
2X Jabba's Reach (love the objective and Jabba)
2x Feeding the Pit (need that 2 resource and the Krayt Dragon punch)
2x Hive of Sum and Villainy (more ways to capture but otherwise so-so)
2x Tattooine Crash (love the Jawas and free capture for cheap Weequay)

That's a carbon copy of my Jabba - tatooine deck I think it works great: plenty of tactics icons to go around, plenty of cheap units (jawas!) and a big one to finish the game (krayt dragon). Just be careful of the sandcrawler: if it goes down it will most likely put tactics icons on all your units.

Also, Jabba is a great unit: 2 non-edge tactics icons and a bit of health to go with it? Yes please ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
I find using "Across the Jundland Wastes" in my S&V decks to be a nice 'let's slow the LS down a bit' tactic. And "Lucrative Contract" remains one of my favorites for all S&V decks. Outer Rim Space Pirates, Twist of Fate, two Corrupt Officials....what's not to like?

Also, IG-88 is on his way and his pod looks amazing: http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4615

Yes, I'm one who considers the S&V to be the weakest of the factions right now, but I still find them fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar thread with additional discussion here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1160362/i-have-no-idea-what-...

I completely agree with "Lucrative Contract". That objective set is often overlooked, but I like it more than "Feeding the Pit" and I feel it does many of the same things. It's the cornerstone of my mono Scum deck.

I think "The Findsman's Intuition" (Zuckuss) is really good, and I'm still a proponent of "Carbonite Transport" (Slave I). "Trandoshan Terror" (Bossk) and "The Shadow of Nar Shaddaa" are also solid choices, IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.