Chris Currie
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Look, honey, he thinks there's honey in there!
badge
We can't all be Zheleznogorsk.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! My Fresco: Big Box arrived! I open the shipping container and find a nice note from Queen written in English thanking me for my order. I look a the game box: there's just one little lonely German flag in the corner. I flip the box over. The back of the box is in German.

I'm an American living in Germany, so I opted to have my Kickstarter fulfilment shipped to my German address. Nowhere on the Kickstarter campaign page does it indicate that non-English versions would be shipped to European countries. In fact, the first FAQ states that this Kickstarter is for an English version of the game.
Kickstarter Page wrote:
Q: What languages will be available?

A: Right now the game rules will be printed in English and included in the box. Rules in other languages will be available for down load as PDF files.

My question for the rest of the Germany-delivered backers: did you open yours? Does it have an English manual inside? The rest of the game is language independent, but I'd really rather not have to print off English manuals for a game that I expected to receive an English manual for.

I sent Queen a message through KS, and I'm waiting on a reply. I don't want to open the shrinkwrap if Queen is going to want to do an exchange, but I will if they'll just send me the English manual. The language on the box doesn't bother me; this is mostly for the sake of my friends who don't read German-language rules very well.

Thank you for your answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC only a german rulebook. Have to check it later again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Currie
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank, Nico. That makes sense and confirms my concern. Really, all I want to know is if I can count on Queen to ship me an English manual. That saves both of us shipping costs and makes me a happy camper. I'll be able to open my game up once I know that I won't be asked to ship it back.

Again, thank you for your quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Pauly
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Only one 31 pages german manual, sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
This could have been solved with a question in the survey as they said in the comments one time. But they never replied to my messages. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the same thing that happened during their Lost Legends campaign. Queen Games assumed that games shipped to German addresses would be German-only. I had to request an English manual and 3 decks of English cards, which they sent quickly. However, I assumed that this type of issue would not occcur again. In this case, I was wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwaloo wrote:
Thank, Nico. That makes sense and confirms my concern. Really, all I want to know is if I can count on Queen to ship me an English manual.
In my experience, Queen Games will have no trouble to supply you with a manual in another language at no cost. You just may need a little patience waiting for it. You should write them an email about it and may write a reminder in case you don't hear anything for a week or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Currie
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up getting a very quick response via the QG Facebook and an English manual is in the mail on the way to me. Had there not been a German holiday yesterday, they would've turned it around in less than 24 hours. Thanks everyone for your responses! I agree that it'd be nice to have a survey question to indicate the language version / whether you'll need an alternate manual, but it seems like their logistics pipeline is set up a certain way and they just respond to outlier cases.

Hey, Karsten, what do you want me to do with your Cyclades?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arntz
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived in the Netherlands today . The international version contains rules in English, French, German and Dutch (!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Currie
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robbebob wrote:
Mine arrived in the Netherlands today . The international version contains rules in English, French, German and Dutch (!).

Which raises the question: why ship German-only version to German addresses and Internation to the rest of Europe? I'm assuming it's a logistics thing, again, or there may be some bizarre tax issue that has to do with products intended for within Germany versus the rest of the EU versus worldwide. :iiam:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.