Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to buy this game some time ago but when everyone said it was broken, I forgot about it. Have the new rules fixed the issues and is it fun to play , as many said it became boring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I just printed everything yesterday so I have yet to try it. However, reading over the rules I would highly advise removing the 'Attack Ends' markers on any scenario optional rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vincenty
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far,is ok....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Rich,

First off thank you for your interest in this game. The Version 2.0 Rules and Charts can be downloaded here:

http://www.legionwargames.com/legion_PD_GS.html

I would like to make a slight clarification in that the game was not "broken" per se, in that the Version 2.0 rules do not change how the game is played, but rather explain how to play the game more clearly.

This is a quote directly from the designer Steve Dixon:

Quote:
To All:

Please find Version 2 of the Rules for Picket Duty. The numbering of the rules has changed a bit, so please note the reference to the waterlines on the map is no longer correct. Several optional rules have been added to create a bloodier game, as well repair guns.

As designer, I accept sole responsibility for the confusion caused by the 1st version of the rules. I can understand the anger it has caused and for that I apologize.

What this set of rules does not do is create a new game. It makes what you have much more playable.

I purposely stayed away from the PD board on Consimworld and Boardgame Geek while I and our group of volunteers worked to get the rules up to snuff. It took a lot longer than I had hoped, but I feel you will be rewarded. I thank Mr. Best and Mr. Nied for their generous help, and our band of players in our online campaign.

And here is a review of the game using the Version 2.0 rules:

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/its-kamikazes-versus-u-s-de...

Thanks again for your interest in this game,

Randy Lein - LEGION WARGAMES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I will be following that blog. Very well written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game as a Christmas present...downloaded and printed out the v2 rules/charts and so far have had no problem setting up the game nor going through the sequence of play...

as a matter of fact the v2 stuff really allowed me to just learn the game as I went through the rules/charts...it's really set up nicely

excellent simulation although there are times when I wanna fight and nothing happens (guess that's what makes it a great simulation)

thanks for this one...great topic

Bill
Baltimore MD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.