Popular Tags: [View All]
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 1: You start with your 3 dice, and you end up rolling a 1 for a wound. A green die goes away. Player's choice of which? Can you now heal? If so, when the die comes back, does it keep its value or is it re-rolled?

Scenario 2: You start with your 3 dice, roll, and re-roll, but it's not enough to destroy the away major horror that you need to kill. Can you then spend 1 XP for a spirit die? And if that's not enough, can you then spend another for another spirit die?

I'm OK with the first scenario, but the second one doesn't seem right. I didn't find any rule that said either way, so let's discuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You don't lose the green die until the end of combat. You can only heal during the purchase phase.

2) You have to purchase spirit dice before combat starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the rules to back that up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taed wrote:
Do you have the rules to back that up?

Not right now I'm at work.... shhhhhhh.....whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:
1) You don't lose the green die until the end of combat.

2) You have to purchase spirit dice before combat starts.

Both of these are in the rulebook. Page 7 and 10 respectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ah bugger. I'd be spending the 3 experience to heal at the end of combat, before then spending another 2 experience to "hurry" and perform another combat. Darn.

[EDIT: Actually, the rules say "Any time you are not resolving an Attack, you may spend 3 Experience to recover one previously lost Health die." Which means what I have been doing is correct laugh]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
richdodgin wrote:

Ah bugger. I'd be spending the 3 experience to heal at the end of combat, before then spending another 2 experience to "hurry" and perform another combat. Darn.

[EDIT: Actually, the rules say "Any time you are not resolving an Attack, you may spend 3 Experience to recover one previously lost Health die." Which means what I have been doing is correct laugh]

Yep, after you resolve the attack, you can spend 3 to heal (or 2 if you're the Dr.) and then 2 more to engage another attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.