Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, in the photos below i am wondering which movements between tiles are allowed.

In the top photo, could the ship move from right to left? Or does the ice between the water prevent it?

The bottom photo shows that there is water connecting the left and right tiles, it just goes via a third tile laid below them. Therefore, can the ship now move from right to left, or does it need to continue along the water path to the third tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Leenaerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Or does the ice between the water prevent it?

That's practically the entire idea behind the game: the optimization between your sled-actions and your ship-actions because your ship can't cross ice and your sled can't cross thawed water. And with the solar disc thawing and freezing the water this is a rather difficult exercise.
So the answer is yes.
In the second picture it could be done, requiring 2 movement actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tod_13 wrote:
Hi, in the photos below i am wondering which movements between tiles are allowed.

In the top photo, could the ship move from right to left? Or does the ice between the water prevent it?

The bottom photo shows that there is water connecting the left and right tiles, it just goes via a third tile laid below them. Therefore, can the ship now move from right to left, or does it need to continue along the water path to the third tile?

In the first case, you can't move from right to left.

In the second case, you can, but you have to go through the third tile, thus requiring two movements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
All of which is, of course, dependant on the position of the sun track marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks kindly all for answering my query.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Burke
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this game for the first time last weekend and we were playing each "square" was a movement point, so in the bottom example it would take three moves to get to the leftmost tile. two across the bottom tile (2 squares) then a third to move onto the left tile.

Were we playing it wrong??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
bactrian5 wrote:
Just played this game for the first time last weekend and we were playing each "square" was a movement point, so in the bottom example it would take three moves to get to the leftmost tile. two across the bottom tile (2 squares) then a third to move onto the left tile.

Were we playing it wrong??

Yes, it's one movement per tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under "Action D - Movement" (page 11), the rules say

Ship Movement: The player moves his Ship onto ONE adjacent tile linked orthogonally to the tile it currently occupies by a sea passage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Burke
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I had read the rules through a while ago and was using common gaming sense at the time, much to my current chagrin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
I made the exact same mistake with movement. We both ended up finishing the race even with the super restricted square-to-square movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.