Shibuya Graffiti
msg tools
I'm sorry for such a vauge question and I'll delete this thread immediately if a few people say I should. However, as someone who is more recently geting into board games, mostly deck building games truthfully, thanks to her roommate I'm looking for some more fun ones we could play together. We both have a strong interest in ones produced or made in Japan because we're dumb nerds like that. Japanese language is not a barrier for us as we've both lived and worked in Japan. I recently ordered Idol Project because we're both fans of idol stuff like idolm@ster. It doesn't need to be cutesy like Tanto Cuore, Idol Project and so on, as I'd love a fun game based on the sengoku era, or a sci fi story. It just might be more paletable for me and her if it was Japan produced to help us get our feet wet. Thank you, send me a pm if you'd rather chat on skype or whatever to help me less of annoying new person. Also if this isn't specific enough I'll delete it! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Yong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe this thread may be of use to you.
Recommendations for good Japanese Games

I have played Mythe, Age of Assassins, Machi Koro,and Kobayakawa from that list. Light but fun games. None of which are deck builders though..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shibuya Graffiti
msg tools
Thank you for your help. Also they don't need to be deck builders! It's just that's what we've happened to play most. Thank you again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heart of Crown is supposed to be quite a good deck builder. Haven't tried it because I'm too busy/lazy to do the paste ups right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I have no recommendations but these sites might have some good ideas:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/361482/japanese-card-and-boa...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_board_games

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/55552/top-feudal-japan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played BattleCON: War of Indines but Tom Vasel likes it, so more than likely it's gotta be pretty good.

Puzzle Strike is a chip building game.

Krosmaster: Arena is a light tactical strategy miniatures game (plays like Final Fantasy Tactics).

Love Letter has become my favorite game to bring to bars. Works well with two players but better with more. You probably want the Kanai Factory version which Alderac has reprinted. Best 16 card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Parade ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tsui
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Many of the ones by Oink Games are good too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shibuya Graffiti
msg tools
Thanks for the advice everyone ... have a few these on my wishlist and impulse bought one or two, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Elements for the first time last weekend. And then again, and again, and again for about two straight hours. Super simple, super fast playing, but surprisingly deep with plenty of bluffing, double bluffing, and deduction. Definitely the best 'micro game' I have played. Tough to find a copy of, but most certainly worth the search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.