Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had this game on my want list for many years and I've seen a few copies come and go that were just too expensive for me to consider.

Now that so much time has passed, how does this game compare to newer games like Level 7 [Omega Protocol], Forlorn: Hope, Space Hulk (third edition), Doom: The Boardgame, and Gears of War: The Board Game? Do these newer games fill this itch or will I not be happy until I can get my claws on Aliens?

I've REALLY enjoyed all of these games (haven't played GOW yet) with L7: OP probably being my most favorite of those listed.

FYI, Aliens is one of my top three movies of all time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must have, mine has been played to death...love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To see if you'd like it or not, try the Flash game (found many places, including http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/408816). It's a *very* good port of the boardgame, and it will give you a good idea as to how it plays mechanically, and thus let you know if you want it or not.

Also, there is a new Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins coming out soon (was recently on Kickstarter). The boardgame version will be coop I believe, so that might scratch the same itch with a modern flare (the miniatures look great so far).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure wish I would have jumped in on that KS
the minis look amazing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sold (or traded, can't remember) mine: while me and my friend played it to death, it have been put on hold for about 10 years.
One day we played it again and we found it not so much fun anymore.
It's not a fault of the game.... we just have played so many new games that it becomed a bit too "simplicistic".
So, while it is still a good game with some original mechanics, i think there's better games to play now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.