Harbour» Forums » General

Subject: First Play Thoughts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cole Brewington
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my POD copy in the mail yesterday and was able to get together a two-player game at lunch today. I really really really enjoyed this game and I am excited to get more plays in and more varied experiences. One thing I can already see in this game, very much to its benefit, is how the available buildings in the game will really drive strategy. This means that with so many possible buildings, their abilities coupled with the individual player special abilities really sets up a good game with a lot of replay value.

The game was easy to teach, though I did struggle a little explaining how the market works and the goods value. However, once we were underway, I was able to clear this up through example. Having the 'House of Weights and Standard' be the first building card on the table really made it easy for us to set up our buys in whatever way we needed. I expect future games with this building being unavailable or only out for a few turns to be a bit more challenging. I almost feel that this card should be replaced and reshuffled into the deck after use. Almost

Great game and I cannot wait to not only get in more plays, but to back this on Kickstarter and see the finished product!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
druvey wrote:

The game was easy to teach, though I did struggle a little explaining how the market works and the goods value. However, once we were underway, I was able to clear this up through example.

Great game and I cannot wait to not only get in more plays, but to back this on Kickstarter and see the finished product!

Yes, the market can be a little confusing at first but it quickly becomes quite manageable.

We look forward to having you as a backer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.