Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Manning
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up. My preorder placed on January 24th just got processed. I'd check your account if you've been waiting on CSI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Schulz
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked in my account and there was a tracking number on it, so I'm sure tonight I will get the shipping notification. My order was placed in March so I'm sure yours in February will be okay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Newton
msg tools
Thanks for the heads up! I have little hope that my order of about a month ago will be filled but trying to say positive. I would have thought they'd change the status on the product page once they received their stock and know what they can fill, but still reads available for pre-order with May/June expected arrival. Not sure what to make of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Manning
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fignewton wrote:
Thanks for the heads up! I have little hope that my order of about a month ago will be filled...

I wouldn't be so sure. A lot of people cancelled with CSI as soon as MM and other retailers had stock. It may be that CSI will have enough to fill more recent orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads-up. I won this in a contest many moons ago and have been waiting for a restock so it can be shipped. (under someone else's account, of course, so I can't see a tracking status) I think I'm still going to be waiting a bit, but I'm okay with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Schulz
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bet is they are probably in the process of filling orders to figure out how many they can put up for sale in the store. Don't look at the product availability but login to the site and look at your order status to see if there is a shipping tracking number. Or wait like 9 hours until their shipping notifications usually go out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Touchet
msg tools
I have concerns on my pre-order... I may be too far down in the queue, ordered in April... but now the other issue is one of the other items I put in the order to get over the $100 free shipping is out of stock, wasn't when I ordered... hopefully that doesn't bump me, I'd much rather choose something else to get above the $100 in order to get Caverna shipped, rather than now wait for something else to get restocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Newton
msg tools
Mr Quacko wrote:
My bet is they are probably in the process of filling orders to figure out how many they can put up for sale in the store. Don't look at the product availability but login to the site and look at your order status to see if there is a shipping tracking number. Or wait like 9 hours until their shipping notifications usually go out.

Oh believe me, I'm most certainly watching my order status. Checking the product page was more just for curiosity than anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Widbin
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have been low on the queue, but with how many people cancelled and ordered elsewhere you may get lucky.

I did that as I found the lack of information frustrating. I am sure I would have gotten a shipping notice today had I not cancelled, but I don't regret switching as there wasn't a guarantee that I would get my copy with this wave of shipments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Newton
msg tools
widbinjd wrote:
You have been low on the queue, but with how many people cancelled and ordered elsewhere you may get lucky.

I did that as I found the lack of information frustrating. I am sure I would have gotten a shipping notice today had I not cancelled, but I don't regret switching as there wasn't a guarantee that I would get my copy with this wave of shipments.

Knowing I was low in the queue I had actually planned to cancel and order while it was in stock at MM. But chaos hit at home and distracted me till they were OOS. ah well! Still crossing fingers for a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of sad that a second print run of this game is sold out via preorders still. I hope they get better at predicting demand in the future...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kreps
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GopherJoe17 wrote:
I have concerns on my pre-order... I may be too far down in the queue, ordered in April... but now the other issue is one of the other items I put in the order to get over the $100 free shipping is out of stock, wasn't when I ordered... hopefully that doesn't bump me, I'd much rather choose something else to get above the $100 in order to get Caverna shipped, rather than now wait for something else to get restocked.

All the good online stores (CSI included) reserve your items when you order. If it was in stock when you ordered, they have your copy in their warehouse. Out of stock just means they have zero copies available to sell. If you were to cancel, your item would be back in stock showing one copy. Okay, yes, every store has rare errors in their inventory counts, but I wouldn't be worried. I've been in your situation several times at several different stores and never had a problem.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sweetser
United States
Greenfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just in time for me not to be able to get it for my boardgames bachelor party! Oh well, I'll just have to make them play Agricola instead...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hertica
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
I ordered on February 3rd and my order showed processing earlier today. I just checked again and the Fedex tracking shows it's in Fed Ex's hands so they are on the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam MacDonald
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I literally just got the CSI shipping confirmation and came here to start a thread. Happy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Monroe Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
My 4 month wait is finally over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Newton
msg tools
I've never been denied a preorder due to allocated shipments so I was wondering if CSI sends any sort of notice saying "Hey, sorry, we got a shipment in but not enough to cover your order"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered in late April, and haven't had a change in order status yet. Here's hoping I do soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
fignewton wrote:
I've never been denied a preorder due to allocated shipments so I was wondering if CSI sends any sort of notice saying "Hey, sorry, we got a shipment in but not enough to cover your order"?

They sent me such a note when they did not have my starter set of Marvel Dice Masters. Came the same day my FLGS got in 4 copies more than they presold... so I got the starter faster (if for more $$). I called and CSI removed the starter from my order and sent the rest.

That was the initial release not just a shipment of a game that has been out for 6 months... so your results may vary.

I've had them add a bunch of small things to my Caverna order (for free shipping) since then, so I'm glad it is finally shipping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone received notice that all copies have been allocated? I'm trying to decide if I should cancel Caverna and fill in with other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wheeler

Riverton
Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I called CSI earlier today. They were only able to fill pre-orders up to the beginning of April. I ordered at the end of May, so I'm temporarily out of luck until the publisher allocates more copies to CSI. I would call CSI and work out your best options. They are a great company to work with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Newton
msg tools
Rhule wrote:
I called CSI earlier today. They were only able to fill pre-orders up to the beginning of April. I ordered at the end of May, so I'm temporarily out of luck until the publisher allocates more copies to CSI. I would call CSI and work out your best options. They are a great company to work with.

Two thoughts on this:

1) nice of them to let us know...
2) they are still taking preorders for May/June delivery. Do they actually expect to get more in the short term?

Weird. I may call them later if I get a break in the work day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Fisher's back!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fignewton wrote:
2) they are still taking preorders for May/June delivery. Do they actually expect to get more in the short term?
A day or two ago, it was listed as "out of stock" (and not taking preorders). I assume the change back to preorders means they expect another shipment in that timeframe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Miner
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
April 3rd is the break point for orders fulfilled from the first shipment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Newton
msg tools
Joe Miner wrote:
April 3rd is the break point for orders fulfilled from the first shipment

Implies a second shipment. Is there more info?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.