Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Bull
England
Southwater
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have received Tantive IV and now have some questions.

1) Can a crippled section be 'uncrippled' by removing damage card(s)?

2) Does a crippled section get an action?

3) Does Comms Booster trigger twice when you use 1 energy if i equipped it on both sections?

4)Not so much a question as a request for an explanation...why do assault missiles need a separate entry when general consensus already indicates the other section is not a ship therefore not targeted by the splash damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. No. But you can use both cards once, paying one energy each time.
4. For extra clarity. I guess this is a question that showed up often during play testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that both sections of the Corvette lose all the icons on their action bar when crippled, so if you want to perform an action, it has to come from an upgrade card on that section (which is likely to be a limited set of choices after the loss of slots from being crippled).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Bull
England
Southwater
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Lucky wrote:
Don't forget that both sections of the Corvette lose all the icons on their action bar when crippled, so if you want to perform an action, it has to come from an upgrade card on that section (which is likely to be a limited set of choices after the loss of slots from being crippled).

You're correct and one of the slots on the fore section is crew, hence my reason for the series of questions. It looked as though a crippled Fore section could 'heal' itself using an action with WED-15. Then I naturally wondered if WED on a 'good' fore section could 'heal' a crippled Aft section.

Sadly, it seems not. Thanks for your answers Frankysan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cowpers wrote:
Dr Lucky wrote:

You're correct and one of the slots on the fore section is crew, hence my reason for the series of questions. It looked as though a crippled Fore section could 'heal' itself using an action with WED-15. Then I naturally wondered if WED on a 'good' fore section could 'heal' a crippled Aft section.

I had the same Question in the 1st game I used the CR90

It will be interesting if FFG rule it the other way so using WED removing damage cards brings the section to full power again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse L
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
Cowpers wrote:
Dr Lucky wrote:

It will be interesting if FFG rule it the other way so using WED removing damage cards brings the section to full power again.

Noooo no no, that's not goin to happen. The thing is already a beast enough as it is, we don't need it to revive too once crippled...

It's already clear they intended for this to not be possible, the crippled side has no hull value, therefore even if you remove a damage card there would not be fewer damage cards than the hull value...

This isn't an instance where they didn't make a ruling, they've already decided it's not going to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Bull
England
Southwater
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cptnhalfbeard wrote:
peltazoid wrote:
Cowpers wrote:
Dr Lucky wrote:

Noooo no no, that's not goin to happen. The thing is already a beast enough as it is, we don't need it to revive too once crippled...

It's already clear they intended for this to not be possible, the crippled side has no hull value, therefore even if you remove a damage card there would not be fewer damage cards than the hull value...

This isn't an instance where they didn't make a ruling, they've already decided it's not going to happen.

Thanks Jesse, that explains why it wont happen, no hull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.