Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Legendary Card Sleeves from Legion Supplies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Meyer
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Has anyone purchased/used these (http://legionsupplies.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_...)? Unfortunately I didn't sleeve my cards when I originally purchased them, and now the Sheild Agent and Sheild Trooper cards are notably more worn than everything else (which becomes a big problem when using heroes like Daredevil).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Locke
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Penny sleeves are all you need. Bought 10 100-packs for 10 bucks on amazon. Got myself into the same situation with my troopers and agents. Wondering if I should contact Upper Deck for replacements...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have these sleeves and they work fine. I have had no issues with them at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is making me rethink not sleeving my cards. I had not thought of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first game I've ever sleeved. We just play it so much¡
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fields
United States
Marinette
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:
This is the first game I've ever sleeved. We just play it so much¡

I totally agree. I've sleeved Love Letter and The Resistance as well, but until this game it was a "marked card" issue more than a "wear out" issue. However, Daredevil is a particularly good example.

For the record, I use penny sleeves... and lots of them!

ENJOY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Big Poppi
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This_Side wrote:
Has anyone purchased/used these (http://legionsupplies.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_...)? Unfortunately I didn't sleeve my cards when I originally purchased them, and now the Sheild Agent and Sheild Trooper cards are notably more worn than everything else (which becomes a big problem when using heroes like Daredevil).

I use them and they are awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Meyer
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks so much everyone! My issue with using Penny sleeves at this point is that they won't "hide" the backs of the cards, so I'll still be able to see which ones are more worn (and thus which ones are Shield Troopers and Agents). The sleeves I'd linked above actually have the Legendary background printed onto them, so you won't see the actual card backs.

And I had originally thought I wasn't going to sleeve my cards because I didn't care about them getting worn (and I really liked the feel of the cards alone). Unfortunately, when it starts affecting gameplay and not just aesthetics, it becomes a bigger issue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Meyer
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
hockeyjones wrote:
Penny sleeves are all you need. Bought 10 100-packs for 10 bucks on amazon. Got myself into the same situation with my troopers and agents. Wondering if I should contact Upper Deck for replacements...

I tried asking them about replacements, and the one guy I talked to said they aren't currently selling them. However, considering they say on their website that they replace individual damaged cards right after the box is opened, they must have some capabilities of distributing individual cards. It might just take some more resolute pushing than I was willing to try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This_Side wrote:
Thanks so much everyone! My issue with using Penny sleeves at this point is that they won't "hide" the backs of the cards, so I'll still be able to see which ones are more worn (and thus which ones are Shield Troopers and Agents). The sleeves I'd linked above actually have the Legendary background printed onto them, so you won't see the actual card backs.

If you just want sleeves with opaque backs, I recommend these:
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/144344
It's what I use. They're a little more than half the price of the sleeves with the Legendary logo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.