Mage Wars Arena» Forums » News

Subject: Character Crossover in BattleCon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Adramelech Warlock(The female warlock from Forged in Fire) is a crossover character in the upcoming BattleCON: War Of Indines Remastered kickstarter. As a fan of both games, I'm excited.

http://www.livestream.com/noko Their artist is drawing her live right now.

(If you've never played BattleCON, you should check it out. It's a card game inspired by arcade fighting games. It's a relatively competitive community, and a very hardcore game. It has no random elements, and shares Mage War's habit of eight minute turns where you analyze a million options, for better and for worse.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Though I thought Adramelech was that giant fire demon dude?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
He is, but now he has a Warlock that specifically serves him. It's exciting stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
So from the vague announcement it also sounds like anime-looking fighting game characters from BattleCon will be making there way into Mage Wars. If so, I can't say I am pleased with this development.

Mixing games and genres like this will only dilute the Mage Wars look and setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I hope that's not true, Sheep.

The artwork MW uses fits the game perfectly. No chibbis or anime nonsense, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheep wrote:
So from the vague announcement it also sounds like anime-looking fighting game characters from BattleCon will be making there way into Mage Wars. If so, I can't say I am pleased with this development.

Mixing games and genres like this will only dilute the Mage Wars look and setting.

It's actually the other way around. They took our Warlock and redid her in their style, and we're looking at a couple of their characters to redo in our style. We're very conscious about our look for this game and we're always watching that carefully.

Personally I'm very excited about this opportunity because it helps two great games highlight each other. And at the end of the day I love talking about good games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cropcircles wrote:
He is, but now he has a Warlock that specifically serves him. It's exciting stuff.

Yeah. She's the Adramalech Warlock. I don't think we have a name for her other than that? But I don't follow the previews super closely.

Sheep wrote:

I don't know of anything like that happening. They're putting a Mage Wars character, or possibly more than one, in BattleCON as a promotional character. (They like doing crossover fighters for BattleCON, it fits the conceit of it being a fighting game.) I haven't heard anything about BattleCON characters in Mage Wars, that would make much less sense to me and I'd like it less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
RayLancer wrote:
The mage(s) from Mage Wars are coming to BattleCON War of Indines Kick starter.
Quote:
We're partnering with Level 99 for their upcoming Kickstarter where our Mages will appear in their game and their Mages will appear in a future Mage Wars expansion.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=682787021757393&...

https://mobile.twitter.com/MageWars/status/47172468196418764...

I am a huge Mage Wars fan and I am extremely excited.

(Quote from the start of the thread in the War of Indines forum)

Neither of announcements from Arcane Wonders currently states outright that they will be importing Indines Mages, just that they are partnering with Level99 for the War Kickstarter (at least right now, where the facebook post says "We're pleased to announce that we're partnering with Level 99 Games for their upcoming Kickstarter. It's time for our mages to enter an new arena!", which is different form the quoted text, so they may have done a little revisioning).

Also, as of this moment, there isn't any news from Level99 about this at all.

I think that if they do make some promo mages from Indines, they'll probably redo the art to the more classic style used in Mage Wars, with schools and abilities suited towards their characters. Nothing to complain about. (I will admit I like they anime-styled art, though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
People saying the BattleCon characters would be out of place in Mage Wars, have you even seen all of them? Iaxus the Shattered (Earth, Arcane) or Byron Krane (Dark) would fit right in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure Level99 Games will give Arcane Wonder some artistic freedom when designing the characters for Mage Wars to fit their artistic style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheep wrote:

First, we're REALLY Excited about working with Brad and the Level 99 Games team on this "cross over". This is a great way to introduce our games to each other's audiences and if you haven't heard of, or checked out Level 99, I highly suggest checking them out. Pixel Tactics is one of my favorites!

So everyone knows, we are including two of their Mages into our world, as Legendary Creatures, but with our art style. We feel it's a great way to offer something new, but in our likeness, that may very well bring fans outside of Mage Wars into our community, as well as offer fans of BattleCON a way to play two very cool Mages from Mage Wars in Level 99 games.

We're targeting Paladin vs Siren to bring them into the mix, but as always, we'll want them playtested no differently than normal cards we'd design, do we'll keep the community posted on efforts and which sets they will be in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Scott for that clarification...that is awesome news and wish more companies tried to partner up for cross promotion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.