Popular Tags: [View All]
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dislike the fact that Pain is a purely PvP spell. No-one ever uses it in my games, because it's more fun to cast spells in combat. I would like for there to be some way to use Pain against the monsters. Unfortunately, my creativity fails me.

Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone have any good modifications to make Pain a little more useful? (I know some people throw it in the Monster bag as a Trap die, but I want to keep it as a spell.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Not a finished thought/Idea.....but.

During a players turn if they are loosing the battle with a monster they can cast the "pain" spell after all dice have been rolled.

This thematically would simulate that the monster has taken great "pain" during combat and is stunned.

This would allow the player who is fighting the monster to roll the pain spell and add it + there number on there level/experience die to there fight roll.

This simulates the spells strength (rolling the "pain die") since every spell has different effects depending on distance it was cast, monster it was cast on and takes into consideration the players level/experience to show they know how to get the most out of the spell....

....WELL IT NEEDS WORK OBVIOUSLY..... But it is a working idea that fits in thematically and would not break the game or upset balance.

Thoughts....?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.