Popular Tags: [View All]
Kylor
United States
Eaton Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
15.0 US Redeployment!

During the US regular movement phase (only), a US unit has an unlimited movement allowance. However, at all times during this redeployment, the unit must be at least four hexes away from any Japanese unit (when counting the distance, do not count the US unit's hex, do count the Japanese unit's hex).!

#######

I'm just not understanding this rule. Is this in addition to regular US movement, or instead of? Can I use my printed movement allowance after this to get closer, or am I stuck 4 hexes away for this phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NRBH, but I've been playing it as either or.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Me too. I have not been taking "regular " movement for units moved in redeployment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kylor
United States
Eaton Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another twist is the map shows a sequence outline for US Movement Phase as:

2 Replacement steps
Movement (1/2 during storm)
Redeployment

This makes me think that both actions are allowed during this phase...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Conner
United States
Bridgeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The rule is there so that when the US has pushed far up the island, new US units landing on the beaches can reach the front line quicker.

I see no ambiguity or confusion in the rule.

15.0 US Redeployment
During the US regular movement phase (only), a US unit has an unlimited movement factor.

If you use this movement and not regular movement, then you must start and end movement 4 hexes from a Japanese unit. One cannot use redeployment movement, and then use regular movement during the same phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kylor
United States
Eaton Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That makes sense. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Conner
United States
Bridgeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Case
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1
John's got it. Units that use redeployment movement cannot then take additional movement.
This is also helpful to get those units you had fighting in the south to take Suribachi north to where the action is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Barylko
Poland
flag msg tools
But can one unit use redeployment movement in normal movement phase, and later in mobile movement phase move nomrally (with 1/2 MP)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Martins
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also, anybody have an opinion on whether redeployment work for all US units meeting the conditions, or just one single US unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like all of them. The troops are marching across quiet parts of the island. There's no trucks to transport them and cause a bottleneck or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Martins
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, Peter! It makes sense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Whyte
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in regular movement phase you can use standard MA (6MP per US unit), or, if the units begins, *remains* and ends the phase at least 4 hexes from Jap units, it can use redeployment instead with an unlimited MA (the 'remains' is important: if there is a gap behind the Jap front line, you can't redeploy into it unless the entire redeployment move, hex by hex, is *always* at least 4 hexes from any Jap unit).
In the mobile phase you can only use the standard movement, and with only half your MA (i.e. 3MP per US unit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.