Popular Tags: [View All]
Ulfengaard Hrafnson
United States
Cameron Park
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased this game for myself, but I was curious if anyone has engineered a co-op version of it (a la the Agricola variants) or whether that is even possible. If so, I might be able to draw my wife into it, as she's a non-competitive sort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a very competitive game anyway, player interaction is fairly low (a little bit of blocking, and (accidentally) taking things other people want).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galgor I.
msg tools
mb
Two player game is very competitive. Spaces you take are blocked (Player 1 places meeples on wood, player two can't place meeples on wood anymore). It is all about taking things other people want. And in three or four player games these considerations are even more challenging.
But it is true that you can play it with 3 or 4 players more as a familiy game, where nobody harms the other (for me it would be a boring game).
I cannot imagine a cooperation variant. Don't try a "trade goods" variant, all that is interesting about the game will be lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Van Dam
United States
Anderson
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose you could select a point total that the group had to meet, thematically say that the ice age is coming and you have to build your village/civilization up enough to survive. The score would be the total of everyone's individual score. This could also be a team variant with two teams of two vying for survival. Not sure if it would work, but maybe worth trying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.