Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pierse
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any of these games worth jumping on (in a week or so when there's free shipping)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Xenogearcap wrote:
Any of these games worth jumping on (in a week or so when there's free shipping)?

I've never even heard of any of those games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Xenogearcap wrote:

I've never even heard of any of those games!

Grimoire got pretty good reviews. Each round, you secretly mark a page of your spellbook (actual manual-style booklets) with a bookmark, corresponding to the spell you are casting this round. Then the spells are revealed and enacted, with you trying to earn or avoid character cards. So sort of like Citadels. Haven't played it, but I have looked into it before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ares Project has solid reviews and a much higher average rating than most of the typical Tanga Trash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianna
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Ares Project has solid reviews and a much higher average rating than most of the typical Tanga Trash.

I've been looking for this for a while too - and will definitely pick it up with the next free shipping coupon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xenogearcap wrote:

Spectral Rails is a pretty decent game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xenogearcap wrote:

Dark Minions is interesting enough - certainly worth $10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Li
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to read up on these games and wait for free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cartchamp
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody But Us Chickens is a great, quick game for families and kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Boyd
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol, I just ordered Nobody But Us Chickens today. It looks like a fun card game with a little more game to it than Tabletop favorite Get Bit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Best
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being unfamiliar with Tanga, would someone mind explaining the free shipping comments? I'm considering picking up Ares and DM, and will definitely pull the trigger if I can get free shipping to boot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
jaimeb wrote:
Being unfamiliar with Tanga, would someone mind explaining the free shipping comments? I'm considering picking up Ares and DM, and will definitely pull the trigger if I can get free shipping to boot.
Tanga regularly offers free shipping that you can trigger with checkout codes. I think the free shipping offers typically coincide with shopping holidays or other events. More experienced Tanga customers may have some insights as to when to expect the free shipping offers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Best
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
jaimeb wrote:
Tanga regularly offers free shipping that you can trigger with checkout codes. I think the free shipping offers typically coincide with shopping holidays or other events. More experienced Tanga customers may have some insights as to when to expect the free shipping offers.

I just created an account with them. Is it safe to assume I will get an email from them with said code(s) when the next free shipping coupon is offered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaimeb wrote:

Tanga runs free shipping deals about once a month -- sometimes they last 1 day and sometimes only 4 hours. You can try keeping an eye on the Hot Deals forums for the next sale, but unfortunately some of us have stopped posting similar deals here because some (one?) of the cantankerous people around here seem to be bothered by them. Apparently, everyone and anyone interested in Tanga free shipping has already taken full advantage of it... or some such nonsense.

Your best bet is to subscribe to Tanga's email list and hope they send the free-shipping email notification to you in time. They seem to have a habit of sending them right after the sale is over
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It isn't safe, however, to assume the sale will still be active, or stock will still be available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Harrison
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Don't we have a geeklist that gets updated when free shipping is active?
Edit: I couldn't find one, so I guess I'm imagining it. I am pretty sure that I normally hear about the free shipping on here before I get anything from Tanga in my e-mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
exharrison wrote:
Don't we have a geeklist that gets updated when free shipping is active?

[Closed] Ye Olde Tanga Board Game Liste

Although tumorous has stopped updating the list, I suppose people could still leave a comment at the bottom like we used to. I wouldn't count on it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh Tanga, how I miss the days when I got El Grande for nearly half price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Shearer
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
Bah, I thought I was just about done and now Tanga pulls me back in.. Well they will when free shipping comes around at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Bear
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
I love CCGs/LCGs/Dice Games
badge
Everyday I'm Shufflin
mbmbmbmbmb
Man is it disheartening to see games you want to offload on that list...but tis life.

Dang you Tanga!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Thompson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Valar Morghulis
badge
Valar Dohaeris
mbmbmbmbmb
jobin13 wrote:
Xenogearcap wrote:

Dark Minions is interesting enough - certainly worth $10

I might be willing to play Dark Minions again if somebody paid me $10...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McDonough
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody but us Chickens is a great family card game. It is very popular with my gaming buddies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Meyer
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't the sale end on Friday afternoon? At least that's what the timer on the site states. Will they continue to have the items past the sale time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:

The only thing I'd worry about there is the possibility of an artificially high rating due to Dice Tower cult activity...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.