Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Searles
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At WABA Thornlie last Saturday 24th May i had the pleasure of playing a 4 player game of COGZ with the game designer, Wesley Lamont, Ender and Mark. This was the 2nd time i had played the game with Ender and Mark's first play.

The game components look great, the rulebook is easy to read and the quality of the components is high. Wez told us this is the prototype and that the final artwork will look slightly better.

The rules are very simple. Basically there is a board made of tiles (in this case 8*8) with 2 coloured links on it (there are 4 coloured links). On your turn you have to play 1 of the 3 tiles from your hand on the board and replace a current tile taking it into your hand. From this you score 1 point for link you create of each colour. The winner is the person who has the highest score in the colour they have the least points in. You can also score bonus points by compeleting loops of a single colour. Also once a single colour gets over a certain score you get an extra turn.

We played and Wez narrowly run from myself, Ender and Mark.

How did i become the third smartest person in Australia you may ask?

During the game Wez announced he was on a 26 game winning streak until he played the President of Mensa who narrowly beat him. I narrowly lost to Wez so i must be the 3rd smartest person in Australia!!

All in all a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Lamont
Australia
Kewdale
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Last 24 hours now for COGZ by RAEZ. So if anyone is after getting on board NOW is the time.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/raez/cogztm-and-ludicro...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.